Community Forum

Issue with programming TCL Roku TV and Bose Audio Bar to X1 XR15 Remote

Highlighted
New Poster

Issue with programming TCL Roku TV and Bose Audio Bar to X1 XR15 Remote

Going through the setup steps, I am able to get both my TCL Roku TV and my Bose Solo 5 Sound Bar connected to my XR15 remote. The volume on the remote now controls the Bose sound bar, and in input buttons control the TV (indicating that both are connected to the remote). The issue is the power button on the XR15 now only turns on and off the Sound Bar - not the TV. How do I get the power button to control the TV power too?

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Issue with programming TCL Roku TV and Bose Audio Bar to X1 XR15 Remote

@ruggieromatthew wrote:

Going through the setup steps, I am able to get both my TCL Roku TV and my Bose Solo 5 Sound Bar connected to my XR15 remote. The volume on the remote now controls the Bose sound bar, and in input buttons control the TV (indicating that both are connected to the remote). The issue is the power button on the XR15 now only turns on and off the Sound Bar - not the TV. How do I get the power button to control the TV power too?

I don't have a sound bar - I have an Onkyo a/v receiver for sound.  I am able to program both

XR11 and XR15 to turn my Samsung TV and the receiver off and on.  Try this:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!