Community Forum

Issue with Xi DVR box going off line

Regular Visitor

Issue with Xi DVR box going off line

Is anyone having trouble with the X1 DVR box going off line instead of powering down after use? I have to reset the device every time I turn on the TV after it's been off for several hours. It is set to power down on settings, but the power light on the box does not go off. The power stays on but the box goes off line. If I manually power down in settings, this does not happen.

Service changed the HDMI input, checked all the cables, but this has not resolved this one issue. I'd like to hear from anyone else who is having this issue before I ask to have the box replaced.

Expert

Re: Issue with Xi DVR box going off line

@CarolH1 wrote:

Is anyone having trouble with the X1 DVR box going off line instead of powering down after use? I have to reset the device every time I turn on the TV after it's been off for several hours. It is set to power down on settings, but the power light on the box does not go off. The power stays on but the box goes off line. If I manually power down in settings, this does not happen.

Service changed the HDMI input, checked all the cables, but this has not resolved this one issue. I'd like to hear from anyone else who is having this issue before I ask to have the box replaced.

is the 4k (no clock on front) DVR? if so it is a known problem. can reboot the box or change the TV's HDMI input from the set top box to another live connected device then back to the set top box. if not available then reboot the set top box.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Issue with Xi DVR box going off line

Thanks for responding. Knowing that others are having this same hardware problem helps. I did change the HDMI input, with no resolution. Right now, only way to avoid resetting the box daily is to power down every time before I turn the TV off. At least, I won't go through the hassle of exchanging the equipment until the next iteration arrives.