Community Forum

Is there any way to watch TV and search the guide at the same time?

Contributor

Is there any way to watch TV and search the guide at the same time?

I used to like to be able to watch whatever I'm watching while searching the guide on the old DVR boxes.  With X1, you can't as the guide overlays the entire screen.  Does anyone know if there's any way that you can search the main guide and get that little top right hand corner TV box or some other way to watch TV and search the main guide at the same time?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Is there any way to watch TV and search the guide at the same time?

If you press the B button on the remote while in the Guide you get a small picture in the lower right-hand corner.

Sorry, that's just the way X1 is designed.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Contributor

There is a 2nd way by right clicking on the arrow which, brings up a mini guide on the right side and you can still see what your watching.Now in this guide you can scroll or punch in a channel to get to where you want in the guide.This only shows the present time frame but, if you highlight  a channel and hit right arrow again it will give you just that channels listings to scroll without missing what your watching.When you want to go back to the previuos guide hit left arrow or last I, use this 99% of the time because it allows still seeing 2/3rds of your screen for your show instead of a little preview box as mentioned by using the B button while in the full guide.Try it after awhile as I found this is good for most times whe4n watrching shows. 

Gold Problem Solver

You can also go into settings and set the "Transparency" to 1 which will allow you to see your show in the background behind the guide.

J91230 wrote:

I used to like to be able to watch whatever I'm watching while searching the guide on the old DVR boxes.  With X1, you can't as the guide overlays the entire screen.  Does anyone know if there's any way that you can search the main guide and get that little top right hand corner TV box or some other way to watch TV and search the main guide at the same time?

New Poster

Pressing the letter B doesn't work
New Poster

Pressing the right arrow doesn't work.
Gold Problem Solver

Do you have X1 service???

Notsojumby wrote:
Pressing the right arrow doesn't work.

Frequent Visitor

Pressing the "B" button used to work but not anymore

Expert

suntandan wrote:

Pressing the "B" button used to work but not anymore

funny you asked. I'm adapting by using the TV Remote app listings. I think the technical term would be 2 screen experience.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

2 year old thread closed