Community Forum

Is it worth switching to a 4K box?

New Poster

Is it worth switching to a 4K box?

I went to the Xfinity store yesterday to inquire about upgrading to a 4K box for my new TV. The representative indicated that since nothing was being broadcast in 4K that it really isn't worth switching from the standard X1 to 4K at this time. Can anyone confirm or elaborate on that conclusion for me at this time?

Official Employee

Re: Is it worth switching to a 4K box?

In the end it’s up to you, but personally I’d rather have newer equipment than older especially if it’s just a box for box swap.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Box seems faster.  However, no clock, no recording light, no optical audio out.  Has Bluetooth,  but I’m having trouble with A/V sync.

i don't have 4K. I got it to address a video stutter on Netflix, which It fixed. 

Silver Problem Solver

@jamesphess wrote:

I went to the Xfinity store yesterday to inquire about upgrading to a 4K box for my new TV. The representative indicated that since nothing was being broadcast in 4K that it really isn't worth switching from the standard X1 to 4K at this time. Can anyone confirm or elaborate on that conclusion for me at this time?

I swapped out an X1 DVR for the X1 4k DVR.  One thing I forgot was that I lost some of the recordings one the old DVR when I swapped it out.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

@lawnguru wrote:

Box seems faster.  However, no clock, no recording light, no optical audio out.  Has Bluetooth,  but I’m having trouble with A/V sync.

i don't have 4K. I got it to address a video stutter on Netflix, which It fixed. 

I decided to go ahead and switch to the 4K box. The optical audio out didn't bother me because I take the optical audio from the TV to the sound bar. No problems with A/V sync here.