Community Forum

Is X1 really no additional cost over "old" set top box?

Highlighted
Contributor

Is X1 really no additional cost over "old" set top box?

I have an inherent distrust of Comcast, so I'm hoping to get answers here from people who have "upgraded" from conventional set-top box tv service to X1.  I have some kind of Cisco box (3 of them) and I manage my internal wifi myself (no comcast devices, no comcast services other than the connection to the internet).  I've been with Comcast since they bought out Adelphia in the ... what - early to mid 90's ??  I hate them, but I have no choices for the channels my tv-addicted husband wants.

I've been told by 2 different Comcast employees that, if I trade in my Cisco boxes for their X1 platform, my pricing won't change at all - there's no fees, costs, increases associated with that.

Is this true?

Is X1 more trouble than it's worth, or do I want to make this switch?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Is X1 really no additional cost over "old" set top box?

If you’re not making any package changes, the cost per box is the same. Just an equipment swap

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, Anon2. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I certainly understand wanting to make sure you have the latest equipment for the same price. If you would like me to look into the account and confirm this information, I certainly can. Could you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, Anon2. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!