Community Forum

Internet usage causes TV pixelation

Frequent Visitor

Internet usage causes TV pixelation

When running an Xfinity Internet speed test, particularly when the uplink is being tested, all channells on all 4 TVs will pixelate. In previous visits Comcast has replaced all coax connectors in the home and upgraded Comcast hardware to latest X1 equipment. Power cycle on all equipment does not fix it. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Internet usage causes TV pixelation

Most likely your modem's upstream signal is at or near the maximum limits. I've seen this happen at my parent's house where Comcast put in one of those active return amps that supposedly compensate for splitter losses. The high upstream seems to overload the amp.

Expert

zero gain amps remove need for 'high upstream' power.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

My main coax feed from the outside comes into my basement and first hits an amp "Extreme, Infinity Promise, model IPA1008DL-RSVF, 52-1002 MHZ forward gain 0.0db, 5-42 MHZ reverse gain 0.0db". It has 4 of the 8 outputs in use, going to 4 separate TVs. I have a Comcast visit scheduled for today.IMG_0948.jpg