Community Forum

Input button won't change input

New Poster

Input button won't change input

When I press the input button on the XR5 remote I see the options to change the input but when I press the arrow buttons nothing happens. If I hit input again it takes the box off. What am I suppose to be pushing after I select the input button to change inputs on my tv?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Input button won't change input

http://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/

Just try to reprogram your remote to your TV. Try ALL codes for your TV, some codes may work better than others.

Silver Problem Solver

No clue.  You might have selected a TV code that is not completely compatible with your TV.  Try this:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XR5-and-XR11-quot-Voice-Remote-quot-Code-Lists/td-p/2550616

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Silver Problem Solver

Not really relevant to this topic, Robert.

Gold Problem Solver

If your TV requires you to use the arrows to select inputs then the Comcast X1 remotes are not going to work changing inputs on your TV. The Comcast remotes only change inputs on TVs that can "cycle" the inputs every time you press the input button.

Stanginfam wrote:
When I press the input button on the XR5 remote I see the options to change the input but when I press the arrow buttons nothing happens. If I hit input again it takes the box off. What am I suppose to be pushing after I select the input button to change inputs on my tv?

New Poster

The up and down buttons will not change the input. You need to keep pressing the input button on the remote to select
Gold Problem Solver

Actually what I meant to say is if you own a TV that requires a "confirmation command" such as OK or enter to switch inputs, the X1 remotes won't work.
New Poster

How do you change tv input to play dvd?

Gold Problem Solver

Press the TV input button.