Community Forum

IR Extender

New Poster

IR Extender

I'm trying to use an IR extender for my x1 box (PX032ANI) with a universal remote. This setup works great for other components (like an Apple TV) but is not working with my box. Is there an IR extender that you all have that is designed to work with your equipment? It's possible I'm not hitting the IR receiver on the front of the box with the extender, but I've tried a zillion positions for that so I don't think that's the issue. We also have PXD01ANI boxes we could switch out with this one if needed to solve the issue. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Official Employee

Re: IR Extender

Hi there, jt1701. 

Does our box work, if you disable the IR Extender? 

I looked into a bit and it stated: 

With some TV Boxes, connecting the IR Extender disables the RF input on the front of the TV Box. To avoid this, disconnect the IR Extender from the TV Box when you’re not using it.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: IR Extender

Hello, jt1701.

I wanted to touch base really quick before closing out your post. Did you have any other questions? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!