Community Forum

ILive Soundbar help

New Poster

ILive Soundbar help

I have an Ilive sound bar ITB396B that i want to be able to control the volume with my xfinity remote XR11. we have a element fire tv. I can get sound thru the soundbar but i cant get the xfinity remote to control the volume. I tried the 2 codes comcast showed but they didnt work.  

Silver Problem Solver

Re: ILive Soundbar help

@cnvingltlbtch wrote:

I have an Ilive sound bar ITB396B that i want to be able to control the volume with my xfinity remote XR11. we have a element fire tv. I can get sound thru the soundbar but i cant get the xfinity remote to control the volume. I tried the 2 codes comcast showed but they didnt work.

Try this:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hello @cnvingltlbtch, thanks for visiting our Forums! I hope the link @RobertWy provided was helpful. Please let us know if that worked on your end or not. Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

The link provided is where I got the 2 codes to try that didn't work. Still searching for another solution
Official Employee

Ok, thanks for trying! Just to confirm, were the two codes 33175 & 31957?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have also tried using the two codes provided with no luck. What are my next steps since the codes don't work?
Official Employee

SLM5, have you tried unpairing from the TV, pairing to the soundbar, and then attempting to pair back to the TV? 

Official Employee

@SLM5
Unfortunately not all sound bars are compatible, have you tried to manually find a code.? If so and it still doesn’t work, that particular brand/model just isn’t compatible.