Community Forum

I just switched to x1 from WOW. Xfinity told me I will be able to record more shows now.

New Poster

I just switched to x1 from WOW. Xfinity told me I will be able to record more shows now.

I just checked and the forum tells me I can only record 50 hours of programming to the cloud. 

I could program 200 hours on my WOW DVR. Guess this is why it is cheaper. 

Expert

Re: I just switched to x1 from WOW. Xfinity told me I will be able to record more shows now.

@OldMarine66 wrote:

I just checked and the forum tells me I can only record 50 hours of programming to the cloud. 

I could program 200 hours on my WOW DVR. Guess this is why it is cheaper. 

And there is a really good chance your WOW DVR will not be compatible with Comcast equipment for proprietary reasons. Let us know if it actually works.

New Poster

Re: I just switched to x1 from WOW. Xfinity told me I will be able to record more shows now.

Could not check compatibility. Also xfinity doesn't tell you how many more programs/hours you have left on the cloud.

Tags (1)
Expert

@OldMarine66 wrote:

Could not check compatibility. Also xfinity doesn't tell you how many more programs/hours you have left on the cloud.

you posted in the X1 area. A home DVR is 500 gb and non-local shows are stored in mpeg4 and take up less room than local show recordings (mpeg2). the recordings page shown under the saved menu show teh % of space used. the recordings in the deleted folder are not counted and are removed after a while. The cloud DVR is 60 hours no matter if local or cable channel SD or HD. the older recordings on the cloud DVR are bumped off as new shows are recorded (does not remove from the home DVR).

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).