Community Forum

I have an issue with my new 4K Box's UI

New Poster

I have an issue with my new 4K Box's UI

I just had a technician come out to install an XG1V4 box today. One of the reasons I upgraded was because of the new layout for shows and movies. It looks great. However, after the technician left, the box reverted back to the old style. How do I reverse it back to the new one?

(Picture of the new layout below. I no longer have it anymore.)

IMG-3948.JPG
Official Employee

Re: I have an issue with my new 4K Box's UI

@sherwoodb wrote:

I just had a technician come out to install an XG1V4 box today. One of the reasons I upgraded was because of the new layout for shows and movies. It looks great. However, after the technician left, the box reverted back to the old style. How do I reverse it back to the new one?

That is the new one.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Any suggestions. I'm wanting to know if it is a box issue or something more. So far, I've tried to reach out to 2 customer service reps, and neither understood it, with only suggesting to refresh the signals from them.

New Poster

Yes, the picture shows the new one. It was only on the new one for a short time, and then it went back to the old style, pre-4K box. 

Official Employee

No it’s not an issue with the box.. we are currently rolling out the new UI changes but had to roll back to some customers bc of an issue.. we should have the new UI back by end of week.
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Valued Contributor

Is the new UI only for the 4k boxes or will everyone get the UI as well?

Silver Problem Solver

@RadTV wrote:

I don't have any inside information, but Comcast has maintained a consistent interface for X1 from the beginning.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Valued Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

@RadTV wrote:

I don't have any inside information, but Comcast has maintained a consistent interface for X1 from the beginning.

I did receive the update