Community Forum

I don't like the changes to the TV Guide.

Valued Contributor

I don't like the changes to the TV Guide.

I don't like the changes to the TV guide. There are a couple of issues but one in particular is that I can't see future episode information, dates and descriptions. Also too many clicks to get to any information.

Expert

Re: I don't like the changes to the TV Guide.

@WindsurfMaui wrote:

I don't like the changes to the TV guide. There are a couple of issues but one in particular is that I can't see future episode information, dates and descriptions. Also too many clicks to get to any information.

select a listing/recording and navigate to 'episodes' to see episode information.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

I know how to get to the information but they aren't listing future shows in all cases. Here is one example on Bravo TV Channel 794 the show Watch What happens live. If you click on episodes it shows the current episode info but not future episode info. Yet if you go into the regular TV guide and click forward to the show on the next 4 days you will see the info on future shows, guests etc. So why make us go through the TV guide day by day instead of being able to see the info by just clicking on episodes as we used to be able to do. I manually record shows that I am interested in and skip recording shows who I am not interested in. This is similar on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert , etc. Why make it harder for us to watch or record what we want to see. Please make it easier not harder. Thanks.

Expert

@WindsurfMaui wrote:

I know how to get to the information but they aren't listing future shows in all cases. Here is one example on Bravo TV Channel 794 the show Watch What happens live. If you click on episodes it shows the current episode info but not future episode info. Yet if you go into the regular TV guide and click forward to the show on the next 4 days you will see the info on future shows, guests etc. So why make us go through the TV guide day by day instead of being able to see the info by just clicking on episodes as we used to be able to do. I manually record shows that I am interested in and skip recording shows who I am not interested in. This is similar on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert , etc. Why make it harder for us to watch or record what we want to see. Please make it easier not harder. Thanks.

if the video is listed properly by the provider as a series of episodes, the episodes menu will list all episodes in the future on any channel. try typing in on the remote the numbers corresponding to 'gunsmoke'. select it when it appears. the newest season shows dates times (tvland) while the oldest season currently shows INSP (network) and the air date/time. you can see a short synopsis of the episode or highlight the episode and hit the info button on the remote for more text. some info screens are so long that the text will scroll (making you hit info again). while on the first info screen pressing down will give you the IMDB type listing of actors, etc.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Valued Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@WindsurfMaui wrote:

if the video is listed properly by the provider as a series of episodes, the episodes menu will list all episodes in the future on any channel. try typing in on the remote the numbers corresponding to 'gunsmoke'. select it when it appears. the newest season shows dates times (tvland) while the oldest season currently shows INSP (network) and the air date/time. you can see a short synopsis of the episode or highlight the episode and hit the info button on the remote for more text. some info screens are so long that the text will scroll (making you hit info again). while on the first info screen pressing down will give you the IMDB type listing of actors, etc.

I'm sorry I don't understand what you are saying to do. Let's use The Late Show with Stephen Colbert as an example. Put on the TV guide and scroll ahead to tonight's episode click on the show and then click on episodes. You will see 5 episodes listed all are the repeats from this last week. but instead go back to the TV guide and scroll to the listing for tonight's Late Show with Stephen Colbert and then hit day forward button and read the info and keep doing that 2 days ahead, 3 days ahead and you will see the listings of new shows and guests that were not listed when you hit episodes.

It used to be that I could get all this info from just hitting the episode the first way and I could then scroll through the forward listing and select whichever ones I wanted to record. Now instead I have to scroll forward on the day listings to find the info. If it is available one way it should be available both ways to make it easier for the users to see it. This makes no sense.

Expert

@WindsurfMaui wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@WindsurfMaui wrote:

I'm sorry I don't understand what you are saying to do. Let's use The Late Show with Stephen Colbert as an example. Put on the TV guide and scroll ahead to tonight's episode click on the show and then click on episodes. You will see 5 episodes listed all are the repeats from this last week. but instead go back to the TV guide and scroll to the listing for tonight's Late Show with Stephen Colbert and then hit day forward button and read the info and keep doing that 2 days ahead, 3 days ahead and you will see the listings of new shows and guests that were not listed when you hit episodes.

It used to be that I could get all this info from just hitting the episode the first way and I could then scroll through the forward listing and select whichever ones I wanted to record. Now instead I have to scroll forward on the day listings to find the info. If it is available one way it should be available both ways to make it easier for the users to see it. This makes no sense.

until the provider 'sets' the guests and assigns the 'series' id and season/episode number the show is not yet in the series. it is a complicated process and those are live (tape delayed). try it on regular network shows to see the difference.

Valued Contributor

Sorry many regular series are the same. No info on future episodes when I click on episodes but if I go into TV guide  and scroll forward it tells me about future episodes. I ask again why make it difficult for us to see info on TV shows?

Silver Problem Solver

@WindsurfMaui wrote:

Sorry many regular series are the same. No info on future episodes when I click on episodes but if I go into TV guide  and scroll forward it tells me about future episodes. I ask again why make it difficult for us to see info on TV shows?

Not sure this is what you mean:  The X1 Channel Guide is only updated for the next two weeks.  It's been that way since the introduction of X1.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

No, what I am saying is there used to be two ways to view the info on future episodes. One was looking at the TV guide, as you say for two weeks in advance. And the other way is bring up the TV show and then click on epidodes. The episode option used to list past and future show info now it only list past episodes. So now if I want to see what is coming up in a future episode I have to go into the TV guide listings, as you suggested. But if they can put the info in the TV guide listings why can't they also put the information in the episode list? Why make it hard for us to get to the future episode info?

Expert

@WindsurfMaui wrote:

No, what I am saying is there used to be two ways to view the info on future episodes. One was looking at the TV guide, as you say for two weeks in advance. And the other way is bring up the TV show and then click on epidodes. The episode option used to list past and future show info now it only list past episodes. So now if I want to see what is coming up in a future episode I have to go into the TV guide listings, as you suggested. But if they can put the info in the TV guide listings why can't they also put the information in the episode list? Why make it hard for us to get to the future episode info?

you didn't list an example so I used my wife's latest of "Deadliest Catch' and it showed upcoming, 'watched', and the one on the DVR. 

Valued Contributor

Using your example Deadliest Catch on my TV when I look under episodes I see the last episode listed is episode S15 E 17 which was broadcast on 8/13/19. I do see older episodes, which I have always said show up, but I do not see any info on episode 18 which  should air tonight 8/20. Why is that? In order to get info on episode 18 or 19 I have to go into the TV guide and scroll forward 1 week. Why make us scroll forward ? why isn't epsiode 18 listed in the episode list?

Expert

@WindsurfMaui wrote:

Using your example Deadliest Catch on my TV when I look under episodes I see the last episode listed is episode S15 E 17 which was broadcast on 8/13/19. I do see older episodes, which I have always said show up, but I do not see any info on episode 18 which  should air tonight 8/20. Why is that? In order to get info on episode 18 or 19 I have to go into the TV guide and scroll forward 1 week. Why make us scroll forward ? why isn't epsiode 18 listed in the episode list?

no episodes on our DVRs, did voice cmmand 'deadliest catch' and selected episodes. shows 15/e18 tonight and 15/e19 on 8/27. do you not see that? 

Valued Contributor

I (Boston area) only see those two episodes if I scroll through TV guide not when I look at episode list.

Valued Contributor

OK so interesting update. All the while I have been complaining about the changes that I don't like in the TV guide , specifically not being able to see future episodes when looking in episodes, I have been looking at that on my old Comcast DVR (non 4K). Well I was in the living room and checked episodes on the new Comcast 4K DVR and it does show future epsioeds. So now my question is why can I see future epsioeds on the new 4K DVR and not on the old DVR?

Valued Contributor

Just an update. So we were having some reception issues that we couldn't track down so  as a long shot after doing everything else I turned in the old DVR for a new super slick 4K DVR. It didn't fix the reception problem which turned out to be a broken box on the pole but now I can see future epsidoe information  when I click on the epsiode guide. So although I lost some good programs that were on the old DVR I guess it all worked out for the best the new DVR is smaller, quieter and now has lots of empty disk space to fill up!!!  :>)