Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

I don't have an audio receiver.

New Poster

I don't have an audio receiver.

During setup of the remote edits is something like would you like to set up your audio receiver. Why i might ask this?

Accepted Solutions
Problem Solver

Re: I don't have an audio receiver.

Some people (like myself) have soundbars (or even full fledged audio receivers) connected to their TVs, because honestly, the built in TV speakers are woefully inadequate for providing high quality sound, let alone theatrical style surroud sound like Dolby Digital or DTS. 

If you don't have a separate audio system, you can skip that part. But if you do, having the remote control the sound system is a wonderful addition. 

"Sometimes the best way to learn something is by doing it wrong and looking at what you did." - Neil Gaiman

All Replies
Problem Solver

Re: I don't have an audio receiver.

Some people (like myself) have soundbars (or even full fledged audio receivers) connected to their TVs, because honestly, the built in TV speakers are woefully inadequate for providing high quality sound, let alone theatrical style surroud sound like Dolby Digital or DTS. 

If you don't have a separate audio system, you can skip that part. But if you do, having the remote control the sound system is a wonderful addition. 

"Sometimes the best way to learn something is by doing it wrong and looking at what you did." - Neil Gaiman