Community Forum

How to turn off all Voice Guidance

Frequent Visitor

How to turn off all Voice Guidance

I turned on Voice Guidance Beta.  I decided I did not like it.  I tuned it off and the navigation functionality is off, however, I still have voice telling me menu descriptions, volume level, TV input, etc.  I want to get rid of all of the Voice. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: How to turn off all Voice Guidance

Press the yellow "A" button twice.

ralphgv3 wrote:

I turned on Voice Guidance Beta.  I decided I did not like it.  I tuned it off and the navigation functionality is off, however, I still have voice telling me menu descriptions, volume level, TV input, etc.  I want to get rid of all of the Voice. 

Frequent Visitor

I should have put in my description that I have done that to turn off the VG and it is off.  But there is still a voice that tells me "volume level" when I change the volume or "input" when I change from HDMI1 to HDMI2.  This is the functionality I want to turn off.

Gold Problem Solver

Hmmm,

Are you sure this isn't something your TV is doing on it's own?

If you have Voice Guidance and Video Description turned off then it must be something your TV is doing. I don't see how the X1 box would produce a voice message when you change the TV's input or volume.

ralphgv3 wrote:

I should have put in my description that I have done that to turn off the VG and it is off.  But there is still a voice that tells me "volume level" when I change the volume or "input" when I change from HDMI1 to HDMI2.  This is the functionality I want to turn off.

Silver Problem Solver

Chalk up another vode for "it's the TV itself"

The Comcast service cannot tell what your volume or input is. Find your original TV's remote and look through it's menus for a similar function.

Frequent Visitor

Problem Solved.  It was the TV VG that needed to be turned off.  Thanks for your help.