Community Forum

How to show only subscribed channels in TV guide (and filter out non-subscribed ones)

New Poster

How to show only subscribed channels in TV guide (and filter out non-subscribed ones)

Hi, i subscribed to comcast last week and have the new X1 cable box. In the TV guide, currently ALL the channels that are available on comcast are showing. However i only subscribed to some of them through a package. How can filter out the channels that i did not subscribe to and have it show only the channels that i subscribed to?

thanks

Gold Problem Solver

Re: How to show only subscribed channels in TV guide (and filter out non-subscribed o

Rivertrail wrote:

Hi, i subscribed to comcast last week and have the new X1 cable box. In the TV guide, currently ALL the channels that are available on comcast are showing. However i only subscribed to some of them through a package. How can filter out the channels that i did not subscribe to and have it show only the channels that i subscribed to?

thanks

Comcast has chosen for all subscribers to see all chaeenls offered, regardless of subscription.

Not sure about LEGACY, but with x1 you can develop the Favorites Gude.  It will only "stick for 90 minutes in that platform, but you can reselect it at that point.  Hope someone familiar with Legacy can chime on on this for you if you have legacy cable.

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Frequent Visitor

Re: How to show only subscribed channels in TV guide (and filter out non-subscribed o

How is this an acceptable experience to force people who do not subscribe (cant afford) to see every channel and no ability to not display them. Selecting favorites on a non permanent basis is unacceptable.

New Poster

Re: How to show only subscribed channels in TV guide (and filter out non-subscribed ones)

As multiple people have said, a favorites list is your only option...BUT...I found somewhat of a shortcut. If you have the xfinity tv app, you can do it in minutes. You have to be linked to your main account wifi/home wifi. If you aren't at home, it only shows "TV GO" channels. Open the app, go to Live TV...All Listings and press the star next to each channel. If you don't want certain channels, don't select them. On your TV, I have an X1 box...I don't know if this works for other boxes, press guide twice and select favorites. The app only shows the stations you are subscribed to...at least it did for me.
IMG_9237.PNG
IMG_9238.PNG
Contributor

Hagel wrote:

How is this an acceptable experience to force people who do not subscribe (cant afford) to see every channel and no ability to not display them. Selecting favorites on a non permanent basis is unacceptable.

Go to Settings > Preferences > General >Default Guide View, and set it to Favorites.  It will stick.