Community Forum

How to permenently stop What is my WIFI password!

Frequent Visitor

How to permenently stop What is my WIFI password!

With a constant security threat of today's internet, I am flabbergasted that Xfinity decided to allow anyone who comes into your home to say what is my Wi-Fi password on the Xfinity remote and get the password. Are you kidding me!! Who is the brains behind this potential security breach for each and every Xfinity internet user? All I need is a contractor to enter my home and grab my remote to get my password and to later access my home network.

I am looking for a way to disable this senseless feature without having to set up a child protection password to disable. This is the dumbest feature ever!!!

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: How to permenently stop What is my WIFI password!

@mlz1001 wrote:

With a constant security threat of today's internet, I am flabbergasted that Xfinity decided to allow anyone who comes into your home to say what is my Wi-Fi password on the Xfinity remote and get the password. Are you kidding me!! Who is the brains behind this potential security breach for each and every Xfinity internet user? All I need is a contractor to enter my home and grab my remote to get my password and to later access my home network.

I am looking for a way to disable this senseless feature without having to set up a child protection password to disable. This is the dumbest feature ever!!!

Xfinity button to gear symbol to parental controls to application locks and choose Xfinity Xfi

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@mlz1001 wrote:

If you happen to have teenagers who bring friends over to your home, this particular problem is minor. The original ID and password are found on all gateways, routers/modems, Comcast, or otherwise. Anyone in your home can push the wps button and connect without password in a matter of a few seconds.

You need to create a new password and deactivate the wps function.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

The original ID and password are found on all gateways, routers/modems, Comcast, or otherwise.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Not true, unlike my TV sets, my routers and modems are behind locked doors. I do whatever I can to keep my internet secure. Having somebody be able to ask for the password is unacceptable. How do I stop this without having to enter a password every time I want to watch a movie

Silver Problem Solver

@mlz1001 wrote:

Not true, unlike my TV sets, my routers and modems are behind locked doors. I do whatever I can to keep my internet secure. Having somebody be able to ask for the password is unacceptable. How do I stop this without having to enter a password every time I want to watch a movie

This requires a pin to watch a movie?

"Xfinity button to gear symbol to parental controls to application locks and choose Xfinity Xfi"

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

thank you, that worked