Community Forum

How to get an XG1v4 or later?

New Poster

How to get an XG1v4 or later?

Hi folks,

I recently signed up for new TV and internet services with Xfinity. When I was placing the order, I specifically asked for an Xg1v4 or later for the 4k/DVR features. The agent I was chatting with suggested that I visit my local Xfinity store to get one because they have them in stock (she even claimed to check their inventory to confirm). When I arrived at the store, the guy told me that not only  do they not have any in stock, they haven't had any for months. When I called customer service, they again told me that the store has them in stock.

This is a ridiculous cycle. How do I get this box?

Expert

Re: How to get an XG1v4 or later?

@beyondforty wrote:

Hi folks,

I recently signed up for new TV and internet services with Xfinity. When I was placing the order, I specifically asked for an Xg1v4 or later for the 4k/DVR features. The agent I was chatting with suggested that I visit my local Xfinity store to get one because they have them in stock (she even claimed to check their inventory to confirm). When I arrived at the store, the guy told me that not only  do they not have any in stock, they haven't had any for months. When I called customer service, they again told me that the store has them in stock.

This is a ridiculous cycle. How do I get this box?

there is a whole thread at https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/td-p/2987898  go to last page and find one of the official employee posts. they ask for information on a PM (private message) and ship to you.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: How to get an XG1v4 or later?

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.