Community Forum

How to get IR working on X1Gv4-A STB

New Poster

How to get IR working on X1Gv4-A STB

Hello,

I have a multi-remote and have it paired using IR and it's not working.  I have disabled the RF pairing on the XR15 and IR does not work either.  Have a open cabinet and attempted to go right up to the STB and all around, w/o any change.  What is the magic trick to getting it to work?

Thanks!

Expert

Re: How to get IR working on X1Gv4-A STB

@emilkacp1 wrote:

Hello,

I have a multi-remote and have it paired using IR and it's not working.  I have disabled the RF pairing on the XR15 and IR does not work either.  Have a open cabinet and attempted to go right up to the STB and all around, w/o any change.  What is the magic trick to getting it to work?

Thanks!

the xr15 will not operate an XG1v4 via IR, the XR15 won't allow it. use set up procedure on your xr15 and when the LED changes color press the xfinity button and the remote will be correctly RF linked to the xg1v4. the xr11 can use IR with the XG!v4. the IR receiver is at bottom right side about an inch from the right side.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!