Community Forum

How to favorite a "1000+" channel in the Guide

Frequent Visitor

How to favorite a "1000+" channel in the Guide

I'm trying to set up my favorite channels on the X1 platform.   After an hour of trial and error, I think I figured out HOW it is working, but...

I want to have the 1000+ block of channels showing in my Favorites list in the Guide.  However, it appears that the system only favorites the lower channels.  If I favorite Channel 1002, channel 802 appears in the guide.  If I favorite Channel 1025, channel 22 is in the guide.

What do I need to do to show only the 1000 and higher channels in the Guide Favorites?

As for why, the 1000+ block is much better organized and easier to navigate.

Expert

Re: How to favorite a "1000+" channel in the Guide

@Ceolona wrote:

I'm trying to set up my favorite channels on the X1 platform.   After an hour of trial and error, I think I figured out HOW it is working, but...

I want to have the 1000+ block of channels showing in my Favorites list in the Guide.  However, it appears that the system only favorites the lower channels.  If I favorite Channel 1002, channel 802 appears in the guide.  If I favorite Channel 1025, channel 22 is in the guide.

What do I need to do to show only the 1000 and higher channels in the Guide Favorites?

As for why, the 1000+ block is much better organized and easier to navigate.

on the mobile devices when you click either channel's favorite 'star' both show up in favorites. on X1 set top boxes Comcast has decided to hide the 4 digit 'duplicates' 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Highlighted
Expert

Re: How to favorite a "1000+" channel in the Guide

1000+ listing is only for grouping channels in a way some might prefer.

A channel selected here identical broadcast of the regular 800 series HD channel. It matters little that the channel played on favorites is the actual lower numbered channel.