Community Forum

How to access HDMI input in rear of X1 cable box

New Poster

How to access HDMI input in rear of X1 cable box

i have a new tv I need a extra HDMI to plug my firestick. I looked in the back of my Xfinity X1 HD DVR box and there are 2 inputs. How do I access them to watch stick?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: How to access HDMI input in rear of X1 cable box

The HDMI inputs are disabled. Comcast has no plans to turn them on.
Official Employee

An HDMI switch is your best fix if you are out of HDMI ports
Gold Problem Solver

I bought a "ViewHD" 3 input, one output HDMI switch for about $32 that works just fine my Panasonic Plasma TV and X1 box.

If you buy a switch box, make sure it is HDCP compliant or it may not work properly with X1 boxes.

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

New Poster

It's ridiculous that Comcast, with equipment they provide tease us with inputs that they will not allow their customers to use. Basically stating to us "you do not need to use any other device or watch anything but what our box provides". With all the $$ we pay we should have full access to use whatever inputs the devices have on them.
Expert

Sokjac wrote:
It's ridiculous that Comcast, with equipment they provide tease us with inputs that they will not allow their customers to use. Basically stating to us "you do not need to use any other device or watch anything but what our box provides". With all the $$ we pay we should have full access to use whatever inputs the devices have on them.

the boxes are generic and adapted by software to provide services the MSO (like Comcast) wishes to include. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Gold Problem Solver

So rusty what you are really saying is Comcast made an intentional decision to deactivate the HDMI inputs on X1 boxes. Can't sugar coat it any other way.