Community Forum

How many 4K DVR boxes allowed?

Highlighted
Contributor

How many 4K DVR boxes allowed?

How many 4K DVR boxes allowed per household?  I am picking up a second 4K tv and would like to take advantage of the benefits of the newer Xfinity 4K DVR box like I already have on the 1 TV.  I would need to go from 1 4k DVR and 3 satellite boxes to 2 4K DVR boxes and 2 satellite boxes.  Yet, I went through a hard time just trying to get the 1 4K DVR box (3 attempts mailed to me all wrong boxes) so before even starting the process over again I wanted to make sure it is even possible to request and use a 2nd 4K DVR box or is there a 4K satellite box yet that would allow the Netflix and upcoming Amazon Prime 4K programming?

Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: How many 4K DVR boxes allowed?

You can have whatever you want to pay for. You can post on this thread for assistance on another DVR or there’s a secondary box, Xi6 available by tech install

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/td-p/2987898

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

@Neverendingmods wrote:

How many 4K DVR boxes allowed per household?  I am picking up a second 4K tv and would like to take advantage of the benefits of the newer Xfinity 4K DVR box like I already have on the 1 TV.  I would need to go from 1 4k DVR and 3 satellite boxes to 2 4K DVR boxes and 2 satellite boxes.  Yet, I went through a hard time just trying to get the 1 4K DVR box (3 attempts mailed to me all wrong boxes) so before even starting the process over again I wanted to make sure it is even possible to request and use a 2nd 4K DVR box or is there a 4K satellite box yet that would allow the Netflix and upcoming Amazon Prime 4K programming?

Thanks.

I have two 4k DVR;s and one non-4K DVR along with two XG2 ciompanions.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hey @Neverendingmods

I've submitted a request to have a 4K box shipped to you. Please check out the private message I sent for more details. I'll reach out in a few days to make sure you received it. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@Neverendingmods

Thanks for allowing me to assist you. Take care!