Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

How do I switch inputs using new remote (HDMI1, HDMI2 etc.)?

New Poster

How do I switch inputs using new remote (HDMI1, HDMI2 etc.)?

Is there a way to switch to my BluRay player via the remote? The old remote had a tv/vcr button that cycled through all my inputs (HDMI1/HDMI2/HDMI3/Video1 etc.). I still have to use the old remote when I want to watch a DVD. Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: How do I switch inputs using new remote (HDMI1, HDMI2 etc.)?

If you're using the X1 DVR then the answer is no.  The X1's remote will only control the TV's on/off/volume and mute.  So you would have to use the TV's remote to control the input selections.

All Replies
Bronze Problem Solver

If you're using the X1 DVR then the answer is no.  The X1's remote will only control the TV's on/off/volume and mute.  So you would have to use the TV's remote to control the input selections.

New Poster

thank you. it makes no sense that they did not include this on the X1...it's not like there's no room for it. it's annoying to have to keep both remotes around (first world problem, i know)...

Silver Problem Solver

I saw ... somewhere, I don't remember where ... that they did it because it was confusing people and causing too many calls into the call centers from people that don't know how to use TVs and their inputs, and would press the input button and not know how to get it back, and think the issue was a Comcast issue because their TV said NO SIGNAL. Removing the function would prevent some of those calls and place responsibility back on the customer to know how to use their TVs and its remote, and remove that confusion as to what the cause of the issue was. Also why the new X1 boxes don't turn off via the remote, too many people don't know how to use TVs and turn on the TV at the same time as the cable box.

Not sure if this is true or not.

I used to use the input button a lot myself, and miss it already, but I still have plenty of other remotes that I can change my inputs with so I don't really mind.