Community Forum

How do I get rid of "continue watching"?

Regular Visitor

How do I get rid of "continue watching"?

It started a week or so ago. An obvious upgrade to the DVR settings. When I go to see what has recorded it nows shows in "For You", "Continue Watching". It does it on all future episodes AND shows I no longer watch. I DO NOT LIKE THIS AT ALL!!!!  It is VERY annoying and I want it removed or explain how I can remove it myself. You do this all the time. You make changes that are necessary but you do it anyway. Than you don't explain how to turn it on of off if we don't like it. No wonder you get negative responses so much. You never ask us beforehand.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: How do I get rid of "continue watching"?

Did you search through the Settings (gear icon)?  Did this just start?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

There is no on or off setting for anything on that page

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@RobertWy wrote:

Did you search through the Settings (gear icon)?  Did this just start?

As I said at the beginning, it started a couple of weeks ago. I checked every setting, icon, etc. Found nothing. The Xfinity monkeys added this new feature and didn't bother asking its customers if they'd be interested in having it. As usual.

Frequent Visitor

This recently added feature makes absolutely no sense. Why would I want to continue watching programs I have already watched from start to finish. Four random programs are currently on my list.  Here is what I have tried. There is a 'D' option, but it will not delete. Under gears,  I find  no option to deal with "continue watching" preferences. Marking the programs as "watched" does not make them go away. Marking them "unwatched" does not make them go away. Starting at the beginning and fast forwarding to be sure they went all the way to the end makes no difference.

This feature is clearly a dud. Please make it go away. In the future, when something is added, give us the option in the gears setting to use it or not use it. In fact, that option should be available for all features. That way you keep every body happy. Thank you.

Regular Contributor

I just noticed this new "feature" as well.  Astounding that there is no way to turn it off in Settings.  Anyone from (or representing) Comcast care to comment?

New Poster

I had this problem. The only way I was able to clear it was to click on show and mark it as unwatched. If it is a series you will have to repeat the process for each episode. Hope this helps.
Frequent Visitor

Sherman,  this technique works for deleting "Recently Watched" but I still cannot make it delete  "Continue Watching.' I surely hope someone figures it out soon. It is an annoying feature.

New Poster

So I just spent almost an hour on the phone AFTER two chat's and I ended up figuring this out on my own.

I had marked everything as unwatched already and also watched them all the way through and they did not appear in my recently watched but still did appear in the annoying continue watching queue.

What I did was I went to the continue watching queue and clicked on the episode and marked it "watched" and then immediately marked it "unwatched" and clicked exit for each program and that took care of it.

It's a ridiculous feature because there is already recently watched and it seems to pick up shows that you actually watched start to finish so why continue? Classic Xfinity!

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for tryig. Did you perhaps omit a critical step in your instructions?

When I tried it, all that happened was the icons in the queue changed positions and additional icons dropped into place!

A most frustrating, annoying, entirely useless and uneeded feature! If Comcast can add the feature, they should be able to remove it.