Community Forum

How do I get closed caption with my amazon prime video via xfinity?

New Poster

How do I get closed caption with my amazon prime video via xfinity?

See subject line.

Official Employee

Re: How do I get closed caption with my amazon prime video via xfinity?

From this thread
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Amazon-Prime-Video-on-Xfinity-X1/td-p/3124957

Are there any accessibility features available with Prime Video on X1?
Since Prime Video on X1 is a third-party application, most of your X1 accessibility user preferences will not be observed once you launch the app. However, you can enable Amazon’s own set of accessibility features - such as captions, descriptive video service, subtitles and a talking guide - within the app.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I did do all of that through Amazon.  And when I go on Amazon Prime through Rokiu, I get closed captioning.  When I access Amazon Prime through Xfinity, I can click on closed captioning for a movie, but it does not work.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Expert

@Wisecrone wrote:

I did do all of that through Amazon.  And when I go on Amazon Prime through Rokiu, I get closed captioning.  When I access Amazon Prime through Xfinity, I can click on closed captioning for a movie, but it does not work.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

closed captions may not be available. what you are looking for is subtitles (similar to a DVD). when you search for a title (example" Covert Affairs") and are presented with episodes there is a menu screen above the 'image' for the title. press up if necessary to move highlight to the menu row and navigate to and press OK button on subtitles. then as in this example, navigate to English (CC) and press OK. then press the up button and move back to episodes and select one to play. in this case the subtitle stream 'is' CC (closed captions).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!