Community Forum

Horrible picture quality

Frequent Visitor

Horrible picture quality

Over the last few months, I've had horrible picture quality via xfinity while watching my X1. This is most apparent when watching live TV or recorded programs on the DVR. Watching On Demand content is usually fine. 

For example, watching Big Brother on CBS tonight, the picture continually goes from looking adequate to looking like I'm watching a 240  youtube video on my 65" TV. It's no where near HD quality even at its best looking. 

As mentioned, this does not affect On Demand programming and all my other non X1 components (firestick, chromecast, etc) look fantastic. Any idea what might be going on?

https://i.imgur.com/Gf3XT4F.jpg

Official Employee

Re: Horrible picture quality

Hi CRFTony, thank you for reaching out here on our Forums.   Is this happening on all of your cable boxes?

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Horrible picture quality

Hello CRFTonly, I haven't heard from you but please reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!