Community Forum

Here's a New One (DVR Recording Playback)

Contributor

Here's a New One (DVR Recording Playback)

So here's an isue I haven't seen before with the X1 and it has to do with the playback of manually padded programs. Basically playback will stop and return to the recordings list once the originally scheduled end time of a program is reached. The recoding is markced as "watched" and the only option is to start the recording from the beginning. Fast forwarding to where playback left off will, once again, stop the recording, return to the list and mark the program as watched. There is no way that I can think of to watch what remains of the recording. This is especially furstrating when recording sporting events that routinly go past the scheduled time. It basically renders them worthless. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas on a fix?

Expert

Re: Here's a New One (DVR Recording Playback)

@jayfish wrote:

So here's an isue I haven't seen before with the X1 and it has to do with the playback of manually padded programs. Basically playback will stop and return to the recordings list once the originally scheduled end time of a program is reached. The recoding is markced as "watched" and the only option is to start the recording from the beginning. Fast forwarding to where playback left off will, once again, stop the recording, return to the list and mark the program as watched. There is no way that I can think of to watch what remains of the recording. This is especially furstrating when recording sporting events that routinly go past the scheduled time. It basically renders them worthless. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas on a fix?

start the recording. press 'OK' button. on right side length of recording remaining appears. (example 4:31 for 4 hours 31 minutes). use voice remote and say fast forward 4 hours. worked? if not try playing on a stream device (roku or smart device). will play normally?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!