Community Forum

Help! Help! RDK-03036

New Poster

Help! Help! RDK-03036

If anyone can help me, please do. This stupid error message will not get my player to work. "We're having trouble connecting to the X1 platform." Error message, RDK-03036

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Help! Help! RDK-03036

Unplug and reboot all of your X1 boxes. Plug the DVR back in first and wait for it to reboot, then plug your other boxes back in. Triple check all of your connections. If that doesn't help you better call Comcast and get a tech out to your house...

myraw24 wrote:

If anyone can help me, please do. This stupid error message will not get my player to work. "We're having trouble connecting to the X1 platform." Error message, RDK-03036

New Poster

I'm having this same issue today with X1 boxes...how did you fix?

Gold Problem Solver

Lynn,

please read previous posts...

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-errorcode-rdk-03036-unable-to-find-your-pla...

LynnRichardson wrote:

I'm having this same issue today with X1 boxes...how did you fix?

Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue along with the bluelight swtiching to red then amber, already had a tech out several times and the last tech insatlled an amp to boost the signal worked for a day but the picture started to freeze and this morningi got the error again. never had this issue with the hopper. not totally happy with this product

Valued Contributor

myraw24 wrote:

According to this topic:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/RDK-03006-Error-Code/m-p/2095414/highlight/true#M14295

The error means there's an outage. Check the website, app or hotline for any outages. If there's an outage then check to see if it's resolved. If resolved, reboot all equipment to reconnect to the network.

New Poster

The Comcast cable feed to your home/apartment are connected to a signal splitter that has separated the X1DVR from the Xi3.  They must be on the same splitter so that the signal is not isolated.

Locate your cable closet (might be a Comcast task) and identify the cable going to the X1DVR by turning on the TV and then disconnecting one cable at the splitter.  Have your buddy tell you which TV signal stops in the house/apartment when disconnected.  Continue until you have identified both units, then put them on the same splitter.

Now you can restart both units inside and all should work.

Enjoy!

New Poster

Hello also having this issue but only on the one new small box Xi1 I think it's called.  Had issue with one of the RNG150 boxes so picked up a new Xi1 box from customer service center and plugged it into the exisitng coax (where the old box was at) and having starting up and waiting for box to connect, eventually get the RDK-03036 error message.  Tried multiple times and all other boxes working perfectly fine.  Suggestions or do I need to request tech to come out at this point?  Thanks in advance.

Silver Problem Solver

Maybe you should try calling Comcast and have them check to see if your box is connected properly to your account.  Does it appear in your profile?

https://secure.xfinity.com/profile/#devices

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Silver Problem Solver

LDJohn55 wrote:

The Comcast cable feed to your home/apartment are connected to a signal splitter that has separated the X1DVR from the Xi3.  They must be on the same splitter so that the signal is not isolated.

Locate your cable closet (might be a Comcast task) and identify the cable going to the X1DVR by turning on the TV and then disconnecting one cable at the splitter.  Have your buddy tell you which TV signal stops in the house/apartment when disconnected.  Continue until you have identified both units, then put them on the same splitter.

Now you can restart both units inside and all should work.

Enjoy!

Posting again since people tend to ignore things...

New Poster

Frankly, Comcast is no help. After 3 weeks of phone tag, they still never fixed my box.

RickGr4 wrote:

Unplug and reboot all of your X1 boxes. Plug the DVR back in first and wait for it to reboot, then plug your other boxes back in. Triple check all of your connections. If that doesn't help you better call Comcast and get a tech out to your house...

myraw24 wrote:

Gold Problem Solver

That's because X1 issues like this are rarely fixed over the phone. A tech visit is often required.

Did you miss that comment in my post???

kiramoody wrote:

Frankly, Comcast is no help. After 3 weeks of phone tag, they still never fixed my box.

RickGr4 wrote:

myraw24 wrote:

New Poster

kiramoody wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

myraw24 wrote:

Sorry, but if your X1DVR and the X13 (small unit boxes in other rooms) ARE NOT on the SAME SPLITTER, it does not matter how many times you restart your boxes.  Call Comcast and tell them to put them on the same Splitter inside your house..  

Maybe it was unclear how I explained it back in October-2015: I had to tell the Comcast Customer Service how to make the connection AFTER THEY SENT ME 3 boxes to switch out.

The X1DVR responds and serves the smaller boxes, but it must be on the SAME COAXIAL CABLE CONNECTION inside your walls, using the input received from COMCAST.  There is a box called a SIGNAL SPLITTER that enables 1 cable input to have 2 or more outputs.  Depending on how many rooms and TV connections in your home, it is possible that you have 1 cable from COMCAST that is using SEVERAL SPLITTERS.  Your X1DVR and the X13 box must be on the SAME SPLITTER to work.

You identify this by locating the place in your home that the COMCAST coaxial cable is connected to this Splitter and other coaxial cables are routed throughout your home to the separate rooms.  If you live in in apartment and COMCAST controls the locked room, then you'll have to contact them to put both devices on the same SPLITTER.  If it is your home, you can find the cable from Comcast connected inside your home (cable closet) to a Splitter and then several branches of cables feeding other Splitters and/or rooms.  Turn on all TVs and with the help of another person, disconnect the coaxial cable (1 at a time) at the cable closet and determine which TV loses a signal.  Identify each cable and TV; then reconnect the X1DVR and the X13 box to the output side of the same Splitter.  If you have more than one X13 box, then ensure that you have a Splitter with more than 2 signal outputs. Once you have the devices on the same splitter, restart them and follow the setup instructions.

I hope this is easier to understand.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you to both posters who stated that they had to be on the same splitter.  Worked perfectly!  Also need to point out that the splitter cannot be a powered/boosted splitter - just a plain old splitter. One came with our X1 box

New Poster

Can someone clarify what it means to be on the same splitter?  I have cable and internet, so I used the provided splitter to connect two devices in my living room, the main cable box and my cable modem.  Everything works great.

I am receiving this error trying to hook up a small cable box in the bedroom.  There is a cable line running into the bedroom, and I used that line.

Can someone advise as to how I would "put them on the same splitter."  If taken literally, it sounds like you're saying I should have my living room cable line into a splitter, one to my modem, and one to a second splitter, which runs to my living room tv and to my bedroom.  I feel like this cannot be right.  What if I had 5 TVs?  I would need 5 splitters in a row and to re-route co-axial cable through my basement and walls to every room of the house?  Why is there not a cable signal running to each outlet throughout the house?

Thanks for the help,

- K

Gold Problem Solver

I am sorry to say this but if you need to ask these questions you should probably have Comcast send a tech out to complete your X1 installation...

Kanzors wrote:

Can someone clarify what it means to be on the same splitter?  I have cable and internet, so I used the provided splitter to connect two devices in my living room, the main cable box and my cable modem.  Everything works great.

I am receiving this error trying to hook up a small cable box in the bedroom.  There is a cable line running into the bedroom, and I used that line.

Can someone advise as to how I would "put them on the same splitter."  If taken literally, it sounds like you're saying I should have my living room cable line into a splitter, one to my modem, and one to a second splitter, which runs to my living room tv and to my bedroom.  I feel like this cannot be right.  What if I had 5 TVs?  I would need 5 splitters in a row and to re-route co-axial cable through my basement and walls to every room of the house?  Why is there not a cable signal running to each outlet throughout the house?

Thanks for the help,

- K

Official Employee

Kanzors wrote:

Thanks for the help,

- K

I think the person that posted that wasn't that clear. Obviously, you can't have all boxes off the same splitter but as they explained later in that paragraph they do have to be on the same cable configuration. Do you know if your bedroom connection is actually? If you're unsure, a perfect way to check is to hook up your dvr there and see if it boots up to live tv or not. If it doesn't, it isn't live.

New Poster

Just to clarify regarding the use of a powered splitter....I had this same problem after swapping my X1 extension box from a basement TV where it worked, to another TV where it did not connect.  Indeed, the problem was resolved by putting the line feeding the X1 primary box and X1 extension box on the same line, but I did so by attaching a 2-way splitter to a single output from a powered 5-way splitter in our attic.  So, a powered splitter does still work but it may be that only a single output from it can be used for all X1 box lines downstream..

Official Employee

2 year old thread closed