Community Forum

Having issues at startup

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Having issues at startup

Got all the way to Verify last four of phone number.. but for some reason the box wants to continuously type the same exact number and.. but it’s not just one number.. at first I thought the key pad was sticking but it’s not it’s any key. When I control the TV it does it just fine.. wondering if I can factory default reset my box and start from beginning. Please someone help and on me instructions

Remote is XR15-UQ
Box is XG2v2-P
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Having issues at startup

@Jswensoneng wrote:
Got all the way to Verify last four of phone number.. but for some reason the box wants to continuously type the same exact number and.. but it’s not just one number.. at first I thought the key pad was sticking but it’s not it’s any key. When I control the TV it does it just fine.. wondering if I can factory default reset my box and start from beginning. Please someone help and on me instructions

Remote is XR15-UQ
Box is XG2v2-P

I have had to start over with some of my installations over the years I have had X1.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Just hoping someone from Comcast can give me the remedy to do a factory reset.

Iv refreshed the box, Iv also reset the controller. I’m at a point where I just need to bring it back to my local store and get it all replaced. Nothing I do with stop the controller from typing multiples on the same number. Doesn’t matter what number it is or command on the controller
Official Employee

Hi, Jswensoneng! Thank you for posting your questions in our community! Per my understanding, you have an issue with the cable box. I can reset the box or send you a replacement with the new remote. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!