Community Forum

Has smart resume feature been removed?

New Poster

Has smart resume feature been removed?

I have noticed for the past couple days the smart resume feature has not been working. Yes it’s enabled in settings and watched the recordings way after 30 minutes after recording. I have rebooted the dvr with no results.

[Update] I did a refresh instead of a reboot, it seems to fixed the problem on some of the recordings.

Official Employee

Re: Has smart resume feature been removed?

Hi @Renee9

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forum. Which network were you watching when you noticed this. There aren't any known issues for this feature.  At this time, this feature is only available on recordings of Primetime shows on NBC, CBS, FOX, and ABC for up to one year after the program airs. For best results, this feature should be used 30 minutes or more after the program has finished airing. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

All of those networks mentioned. 

Official Employee

Can you send me a private message with your first and last name? I'd like to send a signal on my end to see if this helps. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Thank you! I saw your private message. Is now a good time to send the signal? This will cause your equipment to reboot. 

New Poster

Now

Official Employee

Renee9, sorry for the delay here. I've taken a look at your DVR's signal levels and they are within specifications. I ran a premise health test and there was signal flux reported which is usually indicative of signal issues due to bad fittings or a bad cable. Can you confirm there are no kinks in the cable in your home? Also check to see if the fittings and splitters are in snug. Once that is done, please manually reboot the X1 box (Plug out the power and back in) and retest the beta feature. 

KenF

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Also, make sure to check the Comcast Labs menu to see if this settings is still turned on.

One of the best features comcast has added. 

Tek
New Poster

Issue has corrected. Thank you for all the tips. You may mark this as fixed.

Official Employee

Hi Renee9. Thanks for creating this request for support post on the Xfinity Forums. We appreciate you confirming resolution. I have locked this thread. If you need help with anything else, please feel free to create a new post. We're happy to help. Smiley Happy