Community Forum

Harmony Hub launch Xfinity integrated Netflix app

New Poster

Harmony Hub launch Xfinity integrated Netflix app

I’m a new subscriber that successfully incorporated the Xfinity XG1-A DVR box into my existing Harmony Hub system that controls my amp, TV, etc.  I can do all the basics - turn the system on/off, control volume, change channels with the automated Harmony commands.  What I’d like to now do is use the Harmony to launch the integrated Xfinity Netflix app (Pandora and Amazon Prime also). That means the Harmony activity must use the Xfinity button, navigate to Apps and then launch Netflix.  Logitech tech support says that can all be done via a macro they will help me write, but they need to know the “pronto hex code” the remote uses to launch Netflix.  I’ve been unsuccessful in finding that information through various searches and calls to Xfinity tech support.  Any suggestions are most welcome.  

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Harmony Hub launch Xfinity integrated Netflix app

@mikersc77 wrote:

I’m a new subscriber that successfully incorporated the Xfinity XG1-A DVR box into my existing Harmony Hub system that controls my amp, TV, etc.  I can do all the basics - turn the system on/off, control volume, change channels with the automated Harmony commands.  What I’d like to now do is use the Harmony to launch the integrated Xfinity Netflix app (Pandora and Amazon Prime also). That means the Harmony activity must use the Xfinity button, navigate to Apps and then launch Netflix.  Logitech tech support says that can all be done via a macro they will help me write, but they need to know the “pronto hex code” the remote uses to launch Netflix.  I’ve been unsuccessful in finding that information through various searches and calls to Xfinity tech support.  Any suggestions are most welcome.  

My experience with my 650 showed I had relie on Logitech for support; Comcast has no support for third-party remotes.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: Harmony Hub launch Xfinity integrated Netflix app

Thanks, RobertWy, I suspected as much but it is good to have it confirmed.