Community Forum

HDMI ports suddenly not working-I’m using an X1 box

New Poster

HDMI ports suddenly not working-I’m using an X1 box

Hi. I’m getting a *NO SIGNAL* blue screen message. My tv and cable worked fine the night before but by morning the problem started.

my tv and cable box have power.

The hdmi cables are seated correctly.

The tv is on the proper input.

I have called comcast’s 800 number and a reset signal was sent. This was done through automated system. I wasn’t given an option to speak with a live agent. The recording said Comcast was experiencing high call volume due to some undisclosed issue 😕.

I have unplugged the box myself and reset.

There is nothing wrong with my cable lines.

My power saver mode on the X1 box is set to OFF. 

I do pay for HD.

I have plugged the X1 through hdmi into a different tv of mine and the problem remains.

I have an LG tv that has been working fine with the X1 box for over 2 years.

I am currently watching cable by using a coaxial cable (I think that’s what it’s called) so my box does work. Im speculating here but I feel like this problem happened in the middle of the night after the box did it’s updates. I have no issues with swapping my box out for a new one but from what I’ve been reading, it seems like this is an issue for many people and I am going to have the same issue with a newer box.

Should I just trade in my X1 for a lesser box? Is this in fact an known issue with X1 boxes? 

Thank you in advance for any replies!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: HDMI ports suddenly not working-I’m using an X1 box

You have tried just about everything.  Any chance your TV is set to the wrong HDMI port?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Hi Robert. No problem with the port setting. (I have two input selections for Hdmi). I forgot to mention that my tv isn’t fancy enough to download updates to so I am at a dead end there but I don’t think that is the issue because the box has worked for a couple years now with the tv. My hdmi are working on the tv- I connected an LG smart surround sound to it to test and got the menu screen without any trouble on both ports. Should I just attempt to get a new X1 box? Can I walk into my local xfinity store and swap? Thank you!

Silver Problem Solver

@SpookyMeow wrote:

Hi Robert. No problem with the port setting. (I have two input selections for Hdmi). I forgot to mention that my tv isn’t fancy enough to download updates to so I am at a dead end there but I don’t think that is the issue because the box has worked for a couple years now with the tv. My hdmi are working on the tv- I connected an LG smart surround sound to it to test and got the menu screen without any trouble on both ports. Should I just attempt to get a new X1 box? Can I walk into my local xfinity store and swap? Thank you!

Yes.  I have swapped both ways; some were shipped to me and others, I just walked into my Xfinity store with just the STB and they gagave me a new one with all the cables and a new remote.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!