Community Forum

HDMI Out Plug-In on XG1-P cable box

New Poster

HDMI Out Plug-In on XG1-P cable box

Why is the "HDMI Out" plug-in on the rear panel of the XG1-P cable box is blocked and inaccessible?  This prevented me from connecting a HDMI cable from the cable box to my new Samsung Series 6 NU6900 TV.  Was this done on purpose?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: HDMI Out Plug-In on XG1-P cable box

@DNC5 wrote:

Why is the "HDMI Out" plug-in on the rear panel of the XG1-P cable box is blocked and inaccessible?  This prevented me from connecting a HDMI cable from the cable box to my new Samsung Series 6 NU6900 TV.  Was this done on purpose?

Are you saying you can't plug an HDMI cable into the HDMI output port on the XG1o-PArris XG1 back.jpg

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-Side-by-side-Xfinity-X1-TV-Box-Comparison-DVR-vs/ta-p/2940...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Yes all of the hdmi in ports are inaccessible. Make sure you’re looking at the proper port to hook up the hdmi.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

What do you mean by blocked? What is blocking it? It should look like this:

Image result for xg1-p

Diamond Problem Solver

@andyross
There’s normally a plastic plug in the hdmi in slot, why I asked the OP to double check they are wanting to use the proper port

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

The OP said HDMI-out was blocked. I guess it is possible that somebody pulled out the block from the IN and put it in the OUT by mistake? Or it's a used box and somebody broke off a connector before returning it.