Community Forum

HBO Max

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

HBO Max

I cannot access HBO Max with my Xfinity remote. I downloaded the HBO Max app on my computer, and can view on computer okay. On my Samsung TV, I can access HBO Max through the TV HBO Max app, using the Samsung remote. I tried reprogramming the remote (both XR11 andXR15) with no success - all I receive is splash screen indicating "HBO Max is coming to X1" - I have seen this message for at least three months. Can anyone offer a resolution for this issue? BilliardMan

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: HBO Max

You’re doing everything right, it says coming to X1 because it hasn’t been released yet

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

May be another 2, 3, 4, 5 months. Hopefully in this lifetime. The answer is always 'soon' with Comcast.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

So 'right now' with an HBO/HBO MAX subscription my APPLE TV will accept current Xfinity credentials for operation?

An X1 box when searching for HBO MAX 'content' mentions only for puchase.  I did the $12M for 12 month subscription with Xfinity but I'm seeing the APP isn't populated yet on the X1.

If ATV accepts Xfinity credentials I'm good - if not - I've issues. My HBO MAX (direct) and Xfinity overlap by several days. I'd like to not cancel then find out I've issues!

Is anyone using an ATV currently w/Xfinity credentials?

How about CBS AA? Will that actually work w/Xfinity credentials?

Highlighted
Contributor

It is odd that Xfinity is pushing HBO Max subscriptions when they don't have the app yet.

I'm assuming somewhere along the line, the HBO linear channels and on demand content will cease to exist and everything will direct to the app as it does currently with Netflix.