Community Forum

HBO MAX

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

HBO MAX

Anybody know when the HBO Max App will be available on X-1...would really like to watch on my TV instead of phone/laptop. 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: HBO MAX

Nothing has been announced
Keep an eye on this thread for future announcements
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/HBO-Max/td-p/3283181

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

OK so 1 month later and customers like myself are seeking some answers/clarity/transparency/information, etc...

HBO Max should be available as an app within X1. Peacock was made available fast, so why not HBO Max? 

Highlighted
Contributor

Ya know you can "cast" it from your phone or laptop, right? You have to use your device as the remote, but it works fine otherwise. Or is this what you object to?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

It’s coming, just no date has been announced

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Contributor

I have no idea what it means to "cast" the HBO Max channel. I have been watching via my laptop via the website but I'm interested in learning when HBO Max the channel will be part of the TV line-up or as an app.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I received an email two days ago that it was available on my TV now, but it is NOT.  Very frustrating to be mislead like that.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@johnac wrote:

I received an email two days ago that it was available on my TV now, but it is NOT.  Very frustrating to be mislead like that.

I got that e-mail and it confused me too. I called and the girl told me Aug. 11 it should appear on the tv on the apps page. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks.  Their message should have said that, duh.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Well, August 11 has come and gone and still no HBO Max!!!

Highlighted
Expert

@johnac wrote:

Well, August 11 has come and gone and still no HBO Max!!!

on 7/19  ccandrew above noted there is no announced date.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes, but skintime reported:

I got that e-mail and it confused me too. I called and the girl told me Aug. 11 it should appear on the tv on the apps page. 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

What somebody says on the phone isn’t an announced date. There will be announcement updates posted.
@ComcastJonathan, any updates you can share?
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/HBO-Max/m-p/3340078#M112730

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

So, don't trust what Comcast says on the phone and don't trust what they say in their mailer in late July that said HBO Max was available on X1 NOW?  But do trust the Xfinity Community Forum?

John

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Changes happen all the time, let’s wait for official word

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

What choice do we have?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Why was this moved to a page that says "Access Denied"?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

The thread wasn’t moved but the posts above yours was removed for violating forum guidelines and the reason why given. The actual guidelines probably should’ve been posted for clarification
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

My XG1V4 last night floated an HBO MAX offer for 12$ month/12 months then 15$. I didn't grab it because I thought I'd confirm with a CHAT today the 'fine print/terms'. I'd imagine that's APP access, channels and also CableCARD owner owned equipment also. Need to confirm.

I have the 11.99 offer now I use on ATV but would prefer the Xfinity APP so long as it includes HBO MAX 'everywhere/all devices' using Xfinity credentials.

Highlighted
New Poster

It's been 6+ months for Disney+ so I'm guessing it will be over a year for HBOMAX.  Shouldn't be that difficult to do, it's not like they didn't know it was coming.