Community Forum

Guide button on the remote control not working

New Poster

Guide button on the remote control not working

Help.

I have a vizio television and I just hooked up my cable.  I have a XR2 remote (version R1).  The power button works, the volume button works, the channel button works but when I press GUIDE.......nothing! 

How do I fix this?

Thank you for your time.
Susie

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Guide button on the remote control not working

Is guide the only button that doesn't work? If that is the case, I would replace the remote.

Do you have another Comcast remote in your house you could test with?

New Poster

I have a Vizio TV and I'm having the same problem! I didn't have any problems the first two days but now the Guide button is not working, I really want to be able to use the Guide so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!
Gold Problem Solver

selles26 wrote:

Help.

I have a vizio television and I just hooked up my cable.  I have a XR2 remote (version R1).  The power button works, the volume button works, the channel button works but when I press GUIDE.......nothing! 

How do I fix this?

Thank you for your time.
Susie

I had a similar problem with a brand new remote...  visually inspect the area ( spaces ) around the button to ensure that no foreign object ( salt, paper, plastic, dirt/dust ) is preventing the button from fully engaging the inner contact....

Mine was so simple I almost wanted to hit my forehead with a hammer !!!!!

Good luck!

New Poster

So please tell us what the problem with your remote and the guide button not working. duh!  that's the whole idea of this.

My guide buttons on 3 of my boxes are not working.  I have paired the remotes, the on off button works, the volume button works, all the numbers work. but the Guide button does NOT work.  I'm very frustrated.  Please help!

Gold Problem Solver

I have a feeling your answer is contained within this thread. Replace the remotes that don't seem to work.

If that doesn't solve the problem your X1 boxes could very well have a signal deficiency that will need to be addressed by a tech visit. Remember the X1 "GUIDE" is on the cloud so your signals between you and Comcast need to be perfect.

lesliecjean wrote:

So please tell us what the problem with your remote and the guide button not working. duh!  that's the whole idea of this.

My guide buttons on 3 of my boxes are not working.  I have paired the remotes, the on off button works, the volume button works, all the numbers work. but the Guide button does NOT work.  I'm very frustrated.  Please help!

Expert

lesliecjean wrote:

hi, another customer here. When you press the 'info' button, does the channel number information pop up at the bottom or on the right side middle of the screen?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

If you last turned on the tv w remote. Hit the cable button at top of remote and try guide again. This annoyed me for a day before I figured it out.
New Poster

It works, Robbie love, thanks!

New Poster

Robbielove you are the best! Solved my guide problem!

New Poster

Can't thank you enough.  This was the simple fix I needed....probably because my cat sat on the remote Smiley Happy 

New Poster

I simply disconnects the power adapter plug from the remote box near my tv and plugged it back in after 30 seconds. The blue light on the front of the unit blinked for 30 seconds then turned green and everything re-synced and my guide and info buttons started working again!
Official Employee

2 plus year old thread closed.