Community Forum

Got a question about Comcast Digital Converter Boxes

Highlighted
Contributor

Got a question about Comcast Digital Converter Boxes

I have a Comcast Digital adapter. Because those adapters DONT have red white and yellow connectors in the back, I am looking to get a Comcast Digital Converter Box that has one. I stumbled upon this one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Comcast-Motorola-DCT2224-1661-ACDEG-CATV-Digital-Converter-Box-w-Power-Cord...

now, I already have Comcast and I have the voice feature. If I get this box, would I have to do other things other than hook it up?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Got a question about Comcast Digital Converter Boxes

If you get this box, you’re going to want to return it. If it’s Comcast equipment, it’s stolen or never been returned(never mind it’s one of the oldest Comcast boxes) and won’t be activated. You can’t purchase Comcast equipment.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

thank you very, very much. Since my current box doesn't have red, white and yellow connectors, Do you know of any device (other than an rf modulator) that I can use that has red, white and yellow connectors? I'm trying to use my dvd recorder to record off my bedroom TV. I am able to record off the TV in my playroom since that has a big Comcast Digital Converter Box with red, white and yellow connnctors.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Legitimately update your cable box

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

ok. Thanks very much.