Community Forum

Glitchy cable

New Poster

Glitchy cable

I have noticed when both cable boxes are on the main box is glitchy non smooth motion. When I shut the small box off the picture stops glitching. I have had a tech out to check it and they put a signal booster on but it doesn’t seem to fix this glitching problem. Not sure where to go from here. The tech was going to come back to look again but never showed up. If anyone could I’d appreciate it.
Expert

Re: Glitchy cable

@Drew2385 wrote:
I have noticed when both cable boxes are on the main box is glitchy non smooth motion. When I shut the small box off the picture stops glitching. I have had a tech out to check it and they put a signal booster on but it doesn’t seem to fix this glitching problem. Not sure where to go from here. The tech was going to come back to look again but never showed up. If anyone could I’d appreciate it.

would you use voice remote 'about' on the set top boxes and reply back with the rest of the line to right of "STB version..."?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Rustyben, sorry I don’t understand what you are saying.
Expert

@Drew2385 wrote:
Rustyben, sorry I don’t understand what you are saying.

using the voice remote press the microphone button and when it beeps say the word "about" and let go of the button. alternatively you can press the xfinity button >> gear (settings) and scroll down to 'about' and select it.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Gold Problem Solver

It would be helpful for us to know which X1 boxes you have. Also, when you say "glitchy " can you be more specific? Are you seeing any error messages or error codes?
New Poster

The STB version is AX013AN_3.3. I haven’t had any error codes and when I say glitchy it’s more of a stagery motion it’s more visible during basketball or baseball game. The only time it doesn’t do this is when the smaller box is turned off.
Gold Problem Solver

Might want to have a tech troubleshoot your installation.

Do you have a correctly installed MOCA POE filter? It sounds like your main box and secondary box might be having communication issues.

New Poster

Not sure about the filter. But when you say tech do you mean an IT tech or the techs that come out because I’ve already had one come out.
Highlighted
Contributor

I thought it was a moca problem also since I using the moca output and had two moca extenders in use also . So I disconnected my moca system and installed the Comcast mesh pods which work just as well for me ( other than the speed decrease) and still had the same problem . Had a Supervior and a high level tech come out and spent 3 hours going through every connection , looking for noisy circuits and communication problems between my 2 x1 boxes and found nothing. They admitted there is a compatible problem with there 4 k box and especially with Samsung TVs which I do have. Comcast has been calling me every time they make a update to the 4K box asking me to see if it makes a difference on my set, so far there has been no change .Turning the the HDMI color setting off ( recommended by Samsung) is the work around that works for me. Time will tell if they finally come up with a fix!
Gold Problem Solver

The X1 guide is cloud based and it has proven to be extremely signal sensitive. Many X1 issues can be traced back to deficient signal quality.

X1 requires a properly installed MOCA filter and a very specific type of amplifier if it is needed.
New Poster

Ok thanks for the information. I keep wondering if I have a bad splitter somewhere.
Expert

@jmg1951 wrote:
I thought it was a moca problem also since I using the moca output and had two moca extenders in use also . So I disconnected my moca system and installed the Comcast mesh pods which work just as well for me ( other than the speed decrease) and still had the same problem . Had a Supervior and a high level tech come out and spent 3 hours going through every connection , looking for noisy circuits and communication problems between my 2 x1 boxes and found nothing. They admitted there is a compatible problem with there 4 k box and especially with Samsung TVs which I do have. Comcast has been calling me every time they make a update to the 4K box asking me to see if it makes a difference on my set, so far there has been no change .Turning the the HDMI color setting off ( recommended by Samsung) is the work around that works for me. Time will tell if they finally come up with a fix!

what network were you watching. wondering if it is a local broadcast network in 1080i (and mpeg2) instead of a 720p channel.

Gold Problem Solver

Curious which Samsung TV you have? Is it a 60hz or 120hz refresh rate TV? Motion rates and refresh rates are different.

The problem you are describing can possibly be traced to the TV and it's settings. LED/LCD TV sets are known to have issues with motion and factory default settings can make the problem worse. I suggest that you go into your TV's settings and turn off any feature related to "motion".

Official Employee

Hi @Drew2385

If you are still having issues, I'd be happy to help investigate this further, and if needed, get another technician out. I can also investigate the node to see if there is something contributing to your latency and glitching issues. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name. If you aren't the account holder, I will also need their name and the phone number associated with the account. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.