Community Forum

Getting so very frustrated with my self install.

New Poster

Getting so very frustrated with my self install.

Alright, so I have a self install kit for X1 tv. At first I thought the issue was going to be signal strength. So I bought an amplifier on Amazon. That didn't resolve the issue. 

My box is sitting here with a "CASt" message and the tv is showing "Welcome: Connecting to your entertainment experience". Since I installed the signal booster however, I haven't received the dreaded RDK03003 error. It just sits and sits on the same screen. 

As I type this, I'm in a support chat with someone named Delon who seems very nice, but is trying to send commands to my box that he says are sending back "Successful"  messages to him, but my box is not actually responding on my end. Still just sitting at this message. (Edit to add: at this point, he's told me to just wait about an hour and see if the refreshes help. Woo)

Please help. Please please. I'm like 2 seconds from just cancelling this whole thing trying another alternative.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Getting so very frustrated with my self install.

The code you posted means you don’t have a live signal. First step, do you know if you have a live Comcast signal coming in or not, did you have a different provider previously. An amp isn’t going to do anything if there isn’t.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

@CCAndrew Thank you for the reply. So now I have a new  gripe with "Delon" because I've told him a ton of times about the CASt message and he seemed unphased by that. I guess I'm curious what would cause him to receive "successful" messages then.

Okay so I currently have Comcast internet in the house, yet the modem is in my office. So I definitely have comcast connectivity at my home. This X1 box however is in my livingroom. 

My previous TV service was through :cough cough: DirectTV (Sorry, forgive me haha). So now that I think about it, is it possible that when they installed the DTV hookup, they disabled the connection for comcast cable tv in my livingroom? In my office are two Coaxial connections in the wall. One was for our internet (Comcast) and one was for our TV at the time (Direct). 

So maybe that second Direct cable in the office is one and the same with my connection in the livingroom?

New Poster

Quick question. If I were to jump the comcast line to the line that used to carry DTV, would that carry a signal? My guess is this is probably a stupid idea... but I don't really know and had to at least ask. Worst case scenario, hopefully you laughed at my janky drawingMeh Idea.png

Diamond Problem Solver

Yes I did. But can you give background on why you call it a Comcast outlet. Do you have working internet service?

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

@CCAndrew Sorry, I guess I left that tidbit out. Yes, I have working comcast internet and have for a long while now. We maintained our comcast internet when we had directtv because there aren't really any great alternatives for internet in our neighborhood. I haven't yet tried to plug the X1 box into that Coax outlet just to see if it initializes, thought I suppose I should for the sake of troubleshooting due dilligence. That said, back to your question. Yes, and actually was upgraded yesterday as a part of this package deal that we paid for. Which is why I assumed a self install kit would be fine.

Diamond Problem Solver

So you need to split that line feeding your internet service with the location of the cable box.