Community Forum

Frequently need to reboot DVR

New Poster

Frequently need to reboot DVR

I am frequently having to reboot the DVR. Commonly from it having been in sleep mode, but not exclusively. Thoughts?
New Poster

Re: Frequently need to reboot DVR

This is a common problem that Comcast is aware of. I currently have the same, frustrating issue.

Supposedly a software update is supposed to fix it, but it still persists for me, and has been for months.

Expert

do both of you have the 4k DVR?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Not that I'm aware of. I do not have a 4k television. The About setting lists the Receiver as "Native version 3.3.0" and Release 94.1.2 from 1/24/2019
Expert

@Wicker1913 wrote:
Not that I'm aware of. I do not have a 4k television. The About setting lists the Receiver as "Native version 3.3.0" and Release 94.1.2 from 1/24/2019

the 4k DVR has no clock and is much smaller. has a single left to right small rectangle green power LED in the front middle of the unit. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

The DVR I have contains a clock
Expert

@Wicker1913 wrote:
The DVR I have contains a clock

before you have to reboot what are your symptoms? would you use the voice remote and say 'about' and reply with the rest of the line after 'STB version .."?

New Poster

There may be no picture or sound whatsoever (except what the display may provide such as brief pop up of the display or other setting that always occurs when the TV turns on, in this case) or it picture and sound may be on briefly (2-3 seconds) before a blank screen occurs. It stays off (theres no output) until the time the DVR is rebooted. Once the rebooted DVR begins to go through its start up progressions, the display returns such as the "welcome" messages, etc
Expert

@Wicker1913 wrote:
There may be no picture or sound whatsoever (except what the display may provide such as brief pop up of the display or other setting that always occurs when the TV turns on, in this case) or it picture and sound may be on briefly (2-3 seconds) before a blank screen occurs. It stays off (theres no output) until the time the DVR is rebooted. Once the rebooted DVR begins to go through its start up progressions, the display returns such as the "welcome" messages, etc

would you use the voice remote and say 'about' and reply with the rest of the line after 'STB version .."?

New Poster

PX013AN_3.3p6s2_PROD_sey
Expert

@Wicker1913 wrote:
PX013AN_3.3p6s2_PROD_sey

you may just have a  bad  box. I have  of those and have never had that issue.