Community Forum

Free w/ subscription Error On Demand

Regular Visitor

Free w/ subscription Error On Demand

Hello,

I just had my X1 box set up in mid July.  Since then, I have not been able to watch On Demand shows on one of my TVs.  They all say "Free w/ subscription" even though I already pay for these channels.  Specifically, any show that airs on cable or premium channels will not come through on this TV.  I can watch broadcast shows from Fox, ABC, etc..., and I can still watch the other shows online or on my other TV.  I have tried calling comcast a couple times about this, and I have tried using the online chat, but nobody has been able to fix it.  I keep being told that they send the signal to fix it, but it will take an hour to work.  Clearly, that signal is not working.  Any advice on how I can fix this, or who at Comcast actually knows how to fix it, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

EDIT:  I should also mention that the send to TV thing is sending the TV shows only to the box that can view onDemand.  Also, the box that is not working is the DVR box.  The satellite box seems to be working fine.

Valued Contributor

Re: Free w/ subscription Error On Demand

Happened to me too..  Downloaded the MyAccount app on my phone.. followed the troubleshooting links .. got some signals sent and BAM .. it worked.. Try the app?

Regular Visitor

I am giving that a try now.  I am at the wait for 1 hour part.  Hopefully this works better than when I was told to wait an hour before.  Thanks for the suggestion.

New Poster

OH MY GOSH!!!! This worked perfect! I just spent  more than an hour with Comcast support, being transfered from department to department. Put on Hold countless times only to be told that I needed to add a Digital starter to my account for 29.99 a month. I downloaded the MyAccount app, the app brought up my old cable box. After a restart of the MyAccount app it recognized the new X1 cable box and now my On Demand does not tell me that I need a subscription for 90% of the programs. This was an amazing fix!  Thank-you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This app fixed my problem in a fraction of the time I spent on the phone with the experts at Comcast! I love it!!! I am forever grateful!

Valued Contributor

Glad I could help.

New Poster

This worked for me! Thanks guys!

Frequent Visitor

Thisworkedformeto

New Poster

Do not waste your time with the call centers, they won't help you they didn't do anything but screw up my boxes, I got the my account app like the user in this forum stated and now everything works! thanks so much to the customers no thanks to comcast because you guys never help out. Love the product hate the service. Customers should not have to ban together to fix your product thats sad...