Community Forum

Format not good 4 Aging parents

New Poster

Format not good 4 Aging parents

I am so frustrated that If I can find a cable service where my mother can just speak into the remote to watch her movie/tv show and not have to go through three screens watch, rent or buy and collapse episode trees. My aging mother can never watch shows that I suggest anymore because of the difficulty of pulling up one television show or movie. I simply hate Xfinity . It is not for older people I wish you would put back the old format
Expert

Re: Format not good 4 Aging parents

@Chan8alex28 wrote:
I am so frustrated that If I can find a cable service where my mother can just speak into the remote to watch her movie/tv show and not have to go through three screens watch, rent or buy and collapse episode trees. My aging mother can never watch shows that I suggest anymore because of the difficulty of pulling up one television show or movie. I simply hate Xfinity . It is not for older people I wish you would put back the old format

I know what you are going through. With my mother it got to the point she would forget to turn off a portable phone, or to recharge it. 

I would suggest just getting basic cable service with a standard cable-box (HD or SD). Exchange the X1 cable-box for one of these. Since my mother lived in a metro area we just used an outdoor antenna to get 40+ channels. She did not have to deal with cable television and these type of problems.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!