Community Forum

Font too small on the X1 Guide Channel

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Font too small on the X1 Guide Channel

But we don't know if they are set up properly, connected properly and adjusted properly. TV size is only half the battle. Viewing distance is the other half...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimum_HDTV_viewing_distance

If you had an old computer monitor and you were getting fuzzy text, you would run right down the the store and buy a new monitor... This situation is no different. The TV you have can be easily replaced for under $300. SD is history. HD has been around for decades and has been in peoples homes since the mid 90s. HD is already on the way out. 2015 has been designated "the year of 4K UHD". Samsung just introduced "4K SUHD". I believe that Comcast never designed or invisioned X1 to offer full support of SD TV sets. Note that X1 "apps" are not available when your X1 box is set to 4:3 mode...

It occurred to me last night that the "business case" that Comcast Brandon is compiling could be working against you folks. Brandon may have realized that in comparison to total X1 users, there is not enough people having a problem with this to justify Comcast spending a small fortune and a great deal of time to change it.

In my opinion, Comcast's silence on this topic speaks very loudly about how engaged they are in doing anything about it...

@TerriB wrote:

RIck

@RickGr4 wrote:

It would be if you had an HD TV set.............

@TerriB wrote:

Wow I wish my guide text was clear like that

Rick...please STOP. You know darn well that the majority who have font issues DO HAVE HD sets and large ones at that.

Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Rick...I have been told in the past that I am beating the font horse to death but you have gone way ahead of me. Enough already AND just to be perfectly clear as to one of your comments..... WE don't want Comcast to increase the font...we want it to be adjustable like it used to be so that all users are happy. Why do you so strongly object to the need for font/contrast options when so many clearly need them?

Terri,

Have you considered going back to the Legacy system?  It would probably fix the issue you obviously have with the X1 Guide.

Robert, you are taking a page from Rick and its not productive. Why should anyone have to go back to legacy box to have the ability to be able to  READ show information from further away than 1 foot from the screen?  Changing font/contrast  WAS part of X1 in 2013 and was removed for some totally unknown reason so we know its doable and if 2.0 makes things easier to change....well duh? This font issue is widely documented by more than a few customers and its NOT because they have SD or small tv screens...period...paragraph.

Gold Problem Solver

The original X1 guide resided locally on the box. The current X1 guide is on the cloud. I have been told that one difference is enormous and makes changing the guide font (either larger or smaller) a gigantic undertaking.

As long as the X1 guide is cloud based (Comcast seems to like it there and appears to be moving forward with plans to keep it there) I don't see adjusting the guide font size as being a reality.

Those who want to adjust the X1 guide font size had better figure out how to get Comcast to put the X1 guide back on the local box... Good luck with that...

@TerriB wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Rick...I have been told in the past that I am beating the font horse to death but you have gone way ahead of me. Enough already AND just to be perfectly clear as to one of your comments..... WE don't want Comcast to increase the font...we want it to be adjustable like it used to be so that all users are happy. Why do you so strongly object to the need for font/contrast options when so many clearly need them?

Terri,

Have you considered going back to the Legacy system?  It would probably fix the issue you obviously have with the X1 Guide.

Robert, you are taking a page from Rick and its not productive. Why should anyone have to go back to legacy box to have the ability to be able to  READ show information from further away than 1 foot from the screen?  Changing font/contrast  WAS part of X1 in 2013 and was removed for some totally unknown reason so we know its doable and if 2.0 makes things easier to change....well duh? This font issue is widely documented by more than a few customers and its NOT because they have SD or small tv screens...period...paragraph.

Gold Problem Solver

I've only had X1 since Feb. 14th.

The small font size was one of the first things I noticed. Yes, I went through the settings and saw no way to change it.

I suppose I could pull out the binoculars and use that when I want to see the info.

No, I do not need new glasses. Even if I did, it would not increase the size.

Sitting closer will allow it be seen more easily, but that won't increase the size. And if I did sit closer to the tv, my chair would be in front of the couch, which would block the tv from those sitting on the couch.

The tv in the bedroom I could always move the tv stand to the middle of the room, thus having to walk around it.

Bigger tv's-I don't need nor do I want bigger tv's. The one's I have now are the perfect sizes for the rooms they are in.

Those who have no dogs in this fight need to take their dogs home.

Regular Visitor

I haven't received my X1 box yet - it's scheduled to arrive on Thursday - so I'm speaking without full context.  That said, if you've studied UX and UI design at all, there are some general guidelines regarding when it's okay to use white text on black background, and it seems like Comcast didn't pay heed to the guidelines.  Titles and headlines that you scan and are white on black are fine.  Larger blocks of text (like show descriptions) are much harder to read white on black:

"White also reflects all wavelengths of light. Because the words and letters in paragraph text are compact and close together, when white text reflects light, the reflected light scatters and runs into neighboring words and letters. This makes the shape of the words and letters harder to perceive, which affects the user’s readability."

http://uxmovement.com/content/when-to-use-white-text-on-a-dark-background/

When presented with a white background, the iris naturally constricts, letting in less light, and sharpening focus around small, high contrast objects (like black letters).  When you've got a black background the iris opens wider to allow more light in, which can make the edges of of small, high contrast objects (like white letters) look blurry.

I'll know in a couple days whether or not this will be an issue for me, but regardless, it seems silly to me that there isn't a way for users with different needs to adjust the screen settings.  The cloud-based argument doesn't carry too much weight with me.  Every website you visit is in the cloud.  That doesn't restrict my ability to customize the font.

Silver Problem Solver

bluescale,

Maybe this will make for some interesting reading:

http://www.cedmagazine.com/articles/2012/07/built-for-speed-comcast-rdk

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Interesting reading indeed.  I wish Comcast was planning to go the same route as Charter, and embrace HTML5.  It would probably speed things up.

It's be really cool if they opened this up to users to create apps, but that's probably wishing for too much.

Frequent Visitor

@RickGr4 wrote:

The original X1 guide resided locally on the box. The current X1 guide is on the cloud. I have been told that one difference is enormous and makes changing the guide font (either larger or smaller) a gigantic undertaking.

Gigantic undertaking?  I don't believe it.  Certainly the dynamics of rendering the guide in the cloud are different from rendering it locally.  But the fact that they already support a customized guide with favorite channels proves that customized guide rendering is possible.  Font size is simply one more relatively-minor option.  Likely little more than an additional stylesheet, or enhancements to the current stylesheet.  They just don't want to bother supporting it, even in spite of the likely little effort needed.  They'd rather work on other, revenue-increasing things.

And I do believe the cloud-based rendering of the graphical guide is a dumb idea.  Cloud-based delivery of the raw guide data does make sense, of course.  This was probably another decision made to cut costs.  Pushing changes to the cloud-based rendering engine is likely cheaper than pushing updates to the native code running on the X1 box (possibly different software developers needed for each task).

Regular Visitor

Re: Small text with X! box

The small text is totally unacceptable, another issue is in the quide screen, in the old box you could skip ahead a day or even up to two weeks, now you have to hit the FF button and go day by day, I now do all of my programing on the computer, I can still add a minute or two at the end of a scheduled recording as some channels don't start or stop at exactually on the hour or half hour, Comcast still has a number of issues to resolve in the X1, hope they read these forums and take note of these issues.

Regular Visitor

font size on guide

how can the font size be increased on the guide? the font size is too small.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: font size on guide

You can't. Personally I think the issues are TV's not being configured properlyor something. I can read the font just fine.

Regular Visitor

Sorry, but the font size is too small for my viewing with the lighting and the backlight. The lettering do become blurred.

Silver Problem Solver

Perhaps the sharpness setting of the TV needs adjusted?

Also is the TV HD capable?

Regular Visitor

Yes, sharpness on TV has been increased and yes, HD

Silver Problem Solver

One thing I do notice is that if I set the box to 480p screen resolution, the font does become more blurry (but still readable) on my HD TV.

If your TV is 1080p capable and hooked to the box via HDMI, then make sure the box is set to 1080p as well.

Xfinity button, Settings (gear icon), device settings, video display

Silver Problem Solver

Just an FYI - this is what my 32" TV Guide looks like:

IMG_1624.JPG

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Although I WILL NOT give in and admit that the font size is ok and should not be adjustable, I have found a workaround that works for me!

I went into my TV's menu and reduced the sharpness in the display settings. It makes no noticable difference in the picture quality but when the guide is up I can actaully read it now. It seems to have muted the brightness of the white font which makes it easier to read.

Gold Problem Solver

Most of today's TVs have the sharpness (detail) level set too high from the factory. With most TV's, the halfway point should be considered the maximum and you usually should back it down from there. I have found that setting it around the 1/4 to 1/3 point usually works best. I have both of my Panasonic plasma TVs set around 1/3.

@DanPop wrote:

Although I WILL NOT give in and admit that the font size is ok and should not be adjustable, I have found a workaround that works for me!

I went into my TV's menu and reduced the sharpness in the display settings. It makes no noticable difference in the picture quality but when the guide is up I can actaully read it now. It seems to have muted the brightness of the white font which makes it easier to read.

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the suggestions to reduce the sharpness display. I will try that. We were very close to returning the whole system to Comcast. But we will give it one more try.

Expert

@tonirob1 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions to reduce the sharpness display. I will try that. We were very close to returning the whole system to Comcast. But we will give it one more try.

do you happen to have netflix? If so, I can give you some test videos/episodes to set sharpness contrast brightness (calibration) it takes some effort but you get near studio setup quality.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

We have the Netflex mailer subscription. Would that work? Any suggestions appreciated.

Gold Problem Solver

tonirob1,

Properly calibrating your TV may help with the sharpness or clarity of the text but it won't change the size of the text. The only thing that will change the size of the text is resolution or picture zoom settings.

The size of the text in the X1 guide is what it is. Comcast has been dead silent about making any changes to the font size. It would appear they feel there is no problem. A vast majority of people have no issue with it. However some people do have an issue and it would seem they have very strong opinions and they have made their thoughts known in this forum. I happen to think the X1 guide is PERFECTLY legible.

At this point you have roughly six choices:

1. Buy a bigger TV.
2. Sit closer to your TV.
3. Learn how to adjust the picture settings on your TV or pay an audio video professional to make sure your settings are as good as they can be.
4. Go back to legacy boxes.
5. Live with it.
6. Leave Comcast entirely.

@tonirob1 wrote:

We have the Netflex mailer subscription. Would that work? Any suggestions appreciated.

Expert

@tonirob1 wrote:

assumption: 1080 resolution

search: test patterns (select) then season 1 episode 1. play. speed rate will climb when it gets to 5800 kbps or higher hit pause. in the four corners are your boxes that you want to adjust (repeatedly) as you set the brightness, contrast, and sharpness. there are 8 rectagles. the one on the left should have the brightness raised until you can see black on black but you can see there is a shading difference. then adjust contrast until you can see the vertical white stripes appear inside the rectagle. readjust sharpness if necessary if you over do sharpness you will end up with a defined circle 'inside' the corner circles (not good) back off to see pattern fade.then adjust your color saturation to allow each of the colored squares on the right and the other squares on the left to be able to see the imbedded color stripes on each. As you get it closer and closer to correct you will have to recheck sharpness and contrast on the far top left box (be sure still has good black inside visible square between the vertical white stripes. 

let me know how you did on the adjustments. I wish comcast had an ondemand like that for us to use.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

adjusting the briightness is not he answer!  it is just too small a font.  for the price and inflexible bundling comcast forces on us they coul at least make it readable from farther than two feet from the set.  hate it! hate it!  hate it!

New Poster

wrong!!!
Silver Problem Solver

@Lepart wrote:

adjusting the briightness is not he answer!  it is just too small a font.  for the price and inflexible bundling comcast forces on us they coul at least make it readable from farther than two feet from the set.  hate it! hate it!  hate it!

You should go back to the legacy boxes.  They work better with older TV's.  I have four TV's connected to X1 and the font is readable on all of them.

Regular Visitor

RickGr4, how thoughtful of you to offer the various options, 1-6, to this font size problem. Your kindness is heartfelt. May I comment that the demagraphics of those that use the x1 box, may be well into retirement age and viewing a small, blurry font is not an experience one looks forward to. Again, thank you for your offer of work arounds to this issue.

Gold Problem Solver

I am 54 and I often watch TV without my glasses...

If I sound blunt it is simply because Comcast has never said (or admitted) there was a problem here and they have never once said they plan to change anything in regard to guide font size. Comcast has said almost NOTHING publicly on the issue of guide font size. A while back they said something about adding some color to different types of programs but that is it.

It simply isn't changing any time soon and I am trying to help people face the reality of that.

FYI, I am not a Comcast employee. Comcast employees have red letter usernames.

@tonirob1 wrote:

RickGr4, how thoughtful of you to offer the various options, 1-6, to this font size problem. Your kindness is heartfelt. May I comment that the demagraphics of those that use the x1 box, may be well into retirement age and viewing a small, blurry font is not an experience one looks forward to. Again, thank you for your offer of work arounds to this issue.

Regular Visitor

Re: Too small guide letters and black background on guide.

Any updates on accessibility for the X1 OS to help improve it's functionability for the visually impaired?  Recently upgraded to the X1 from the regular HD due to the expanded DVR recording features.  Love that, but disappointed that the guide is so hard for me to see and read.  The old bright blue with white bold font was easy on the eyes and had the right amount of contrast to make it easy for us with low vision to read. The new guide is so small and the contrast adjustments do not make it easy for me to read.  So much wasted space on the guide pages with the "info" of a highlighted (which I cannot see that line entry at all with the blue on black) program on the bottom.  I don't know what was so bad about hitting the info button?

Please keep this updated, as if I need to exchange equipment or have a technician visit to update I certainly want to do ASAP.

Gold Problem Solver

Assuming all of the settings on the X1 box such as resolution and zoom are set right and your TV is set right, there is no fix. Comcast has been silent on this issue... They are aware some people have issues with it, but they have said nothing about changing it.

@klschade wrote:

Any updates on accessibility for the X1 OS to help improve it's functionability for the visually impaired?  Recently upgraded to the X1 from the regular HD due to the expanded DVR recording features.  Love that, but disappointed that the guide is so hard for me to see and read.  The old bright blue with white bold font was easy on the eyes and had the right amount of contrast to make it easy for us with low vision to read. The new guide is so small and the contrast adjustments do not make it easy for me to read.  So much wasted space on the guide pages with the "info" of a highlighted (which I cannot see that line entry at all with the blue on black) program on the bottom.  I don't know what was so bad about hitting the info button?

Please keep this updated, as if I need to exchange equipment or have a technician visit to update I certainly want to do ASAP.

Expert

@klschade wrote:

if you have an ipad/android tablet, iphone or android smartphone there are apps that are much clearer in guide and you can play directly from the app ("watch on TV" button). same for searching and starting on-demand content, even has an app (x1 remote) that gives you a smart phone remote replacement with voice search/find/commands included.

New Poster

We have just returned to Comcast after a 5-year jump to 'the other guys' and I'm very excited about some of the great new features Comcast has put in place.  I'm very concerned that we are going to have to strain to see the guide for the next two years.  It's just being over 40 that makes my experience 'fuzzy' but I really need an option to be able to see the print.  Our main TV is in our livingroom and the best view is approximately 14 feet away as it is a large screen.  My poor old eyes won't view the tiny print from there. Smiley Sad  Please offer the non-millenials an option to see the font. Smiley Happy  You don't have to increase it for everyone, just allow an option please.

Problem Solver

@RobertWy wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@RickGr4 wrote:

Do you have an HD TV set and are you using an HD capable connection?

@lwms41 wrote:

Purchased a MUCH larger TV, Letters are still small and fuzzy...Adjusted, adjusted many times...We need to get Verizon here...Again, customers don't count....Still have the worthless remote too!  

Here we go again Rick and RobertWY....has it not been shown time and time again that getting a bigger tv and having the resoluton set to proper HD does NOT mean that we can read the font? I doubt that Comcast will ever give us this  as  what I consider a much needed accessibility option and I am not alone by any means. Would it hurt you to just support those of us (and the list is LONG) who need a larger font and stop asking about size of tv or to post a photo of the screen we are looking at, etc. That has been covered as much as the dead horse I have beaten about the font size itself. Do you think we just say we can't read it to be cute or start dialogue? If we say its fuzzy and too small...THEN IT IS!

I'm trying to help.  I'm trying to figure out why some are fuzzy.  Too small I can understand.  Fuzzy doesn't make sense to me when I have four TV's connected to X1 and none of them are fuzzy.  It must be the TV.  And using a monitor instead of a TV is not a good idea with X1.

My 42" TV in my bedroom is almost too small to read from about 8 feet away because I have very poor eyesight.  But my wife has had cataract surgery and she can see better at long distances than I can so she can see our Guide just fine.

I am very sensitive to people who have poor eyesight.  I would like to help others the best I can.

FWIW, my RNG150N had clean, crisp, fonts, but my Arris XG1 that I swapped it with has visibly less crisp fonts. Same TV, settings, etc, I believe some X1 models process fonts differently and cause an issue. However, I wouldn't call them unreadable, even using a 39" TV from 10' away. I still personally think they're too big in the guide.

Most Valued Poster

What is it going to take to wake Comcast up and give those of us with less than perfect eyesight the options  to change contrast and font size (like the hearing impaired have) so we can read them from more than one foot from the screen? More and more new customers/returning customers/upgrading customers  are joining the  large group already suffering. Its not the tv type/ screen size/distance from tv....blah blah blah....it just bad  display choice color/contrast/size . God Bless those who can actually read the font and God Help the rest of us.

Someone posted that this is going to be fixed in two years? Whats thats all about?

Regular Visitor

Amen TerriB!!!!  I have a 70" TV and an average size family room.  I suffer from glaucoma so color, contrast, and glare are even more crucial than font size!  The old HD guide with bright blue  background and white bold fonts was very easy for me to read.  Even my husband, with normal over 50 vision struggles now. 

Please Comcast change this.....  Otherwise I may have a technician come out again and revert back to my old system.  Love X1 capabilities but not user interface.

Silver Problem Solver

@klschade wrote:

Amen TerriB!!!!  I have a 70" TV and an average size family room.  I suffer from glaucoma so color, contrast, and glare are even more crucial than font size!  The old HD guide with bright blue  background and white bold fonts was very easy for me to read.  Even my husband, with normal over 50 vision struggles now. 

Please Comcast change this.....  Otherwise I may have a technician come out again and revert back to my old system.  Love X1 capabilities but not user interface.

Unfortunately, if you want an immediate fix, you should replace X1 with legacy boxes.  That way you can enjoy your TV until Comcast comes up with a fix for X1.

Official Employee

I believe this has been posted elsewhere, but a reminder - you can change the background color on many screens in the guide.  

Go to Settings --> Preferences --> General --> Background Darkness Level.  When you're on the screen that allows you to select the darkness level by pressing left or right, press down. You'll be able to select from different backgrounds.  

Setting the Darkness level as high as it will go and then choosing a background might make it easier for some folks to see on-screen text.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

@test1234x wrote:

I believe this has been posted elsewhere, but a reminder - you can change the background color on many screens in the guide.  

Go to Settings --> Preferences --> General --> Background Darkness Level.  When you're on the screen that allows you to select the darkness level by pressing left or right, press down. You'll be able to select from different backgrounds.  

Setting the Darkness level as high as it will go and then choosing a background might make it easier for some folks to see on-screen text.

I have changed the background and the darkness to every possible setting and it does no good with the contrast of the font. The white on black of the text is major culprit....even moreso than the size of the font.

Most Valued Poster

@klschade wrote:

We can't even get anyone with Comcast to comment on this anymore.  In 2013 there were font options under 'general settings'....!!! Comcast X1  has options for the hearing impaired including font/contrast adjustment (HUH?) and NOTHING for those with visual impairments or 'aging' eyes which has to affect millions of customers. Having a tv as large as you have is proof that its NOT the size of the tv affecting readability since your husband has issue with the font too. Sounds like pure discrimination  and possible violation of 'Persons with Disabilities Act' to me. I am so tired of hearing its the size of the TV affecting the readability.

Contributor

AGREE!  Still a problem...Comcast has not dealt with this!

Most Valued Poster

@lwms41 wrote:

AGREE!  Still a problem...Comcast has not dealt with this!

On another thread devoted to the font issue one of the Comcast Reps took info from many users on the forum to present to someone but it was months ago and we have not heard a peep since. Since the feature was available in X1 before it infuriates me that they can't resurrect the 'code' or just patch it from the Closed Caption options. 'Hard of hearing' need these options still makes me scratch my head and beat it up against a wall.

New Poster

Sorry, I'm not going to go out and buy a new tv to fit Comcast's changes.  The old multi-color guide with bolder type was very easy to read. I also find parts of the X1 guide next to impossible to read, all the smaller print.  Assuming everyone has a 40" tv is a mistake.  Regarding how far away the seating is, that's dictated by the room.  No one's concern is irrelevant.

Gold Problem Solver

You are entitled to your opinion but it is out of date, old school and very few people INCLUDING COMCAST are listening.

PLEASE PLEASE go back to older legacy boxes....

@mslk wrote:

Sorry, I'm not going to go out and buy a new tv to fit Comcast's changes.  The old multi-color guide with bolder type was very easy to read. I also find parts of the X1 guide next to impossible to read, all the smaller print.  Assuming everyone has a 40" tv is a mistake.  Regarding how far away the seating is, that's dictated by the room.  No one's concern is irrelevant.

Contributor

Agree with mslk! 

Problem Solver

Old TV, old STB. Makes perfect sense to me.
Gold Problem Solver

Complain all you want. Comcast has NO PLANS to change this. You have choices:

1. Buy an up to date TV that is the correct size for your viewing situation.
2. Go back to legacy boxes.
3. Leave Comcast.

FYI, my X1 guide looks great. But I have three up to date TV sets that are the right size for their locations.

@lwms41 wrote:

Agree with mslk! 

Regular Visitor

Wow! This thread has turned a little salty!! 

I disagree that Comcast does not care. Last week I received an email, undoubtably a mass email, but it appeared to be directed at the visually impaired.  One of the connected video clips even had an older couple that were obviously visually impaired and instructions how to find the remote keys by touch.  Although I am not legally blind I appreciate the fact that I received this email after posting to this thread several times with my struggle.  Within the email was an offer for the new voice controlled remote at no charge, just the S&H of $5.95.  I immediately requested this device.  I have not received it yet, but I am hopeful that it will help me navigate the X1 system. 

Let's make this a productive tool.  I have a large, new, up to date HDTV, adjusted EVERYTHING and struggle still.  I can blame no one, not even Comcast. This is the hand I have been dealt. I'm just trying to cope.  Godspeed!!

Most Valued Poster

Those of us who do have vision issues with the color/size/contrast of the font in the guide and info box should never stop documenting and complaining. Its an accessiblity issue plain and simple and more people than not have large or larger HD sets and still cannot read it. I go to other people's homes and can't read theirs either and neither can they. I encourage them to get on this forum, call Comcast,etc. Unfortunately I have found that most people are too passive. I don't care whether its a medical eyesight issue or just aging eyes...we ALL deserve to be able to read what we pay for and if not we should be able to adjust just like hearing impaired can (my fave irony of all time).

Rick is very passionate about those who cannot read the font should go back to legacy or leave Comcast. I am just a passionate about being able the read the darn info on the screen...jeeez. His suggestion to buy bigger tv is a moot point since mose already have them and still can't read text. Advice to buy bigger/better is a copout for a problem that I feel is easily solved by Comcast since they had the X1 font option functionality until last year.

If those who are happy with their font size/contrast would just stop nay-saying the rest of us we might...just might.....get Comcast's ear. If its not your problem then just stay out of the conversation. Saying that Comcast will not make the change is not productive.

There are many issues  X1 users have that I don't have and I sure don't stick my nose into their discussions and say that I don't have the problem, no on cares , no one will ever fix it, to buy equipement, leave Comcast..blah blah blah.

Maybe its time to start snail mail letters to Comcast HQ in Philly. It would take a lot of us beating on them  to get their attention but might just perk up their ears if we write to the head shed. Can't hurt!

Contributor

"If those who are happy with their font size/contrast would just stop nay-saying the rest of us we might...just might.....get Comcast's ear. If its not your problem then just stay out of the conversation. Saying that Comcast will not make the change is not productive."

Amen to that...

New Poster

I'm new to X1 as of this morning. I have a good size TV and I'm not that far away. I find the text in the TV Guide to be small and blurry. I really hope there's a way to fix this soon.