Community Forum

Font too small on the X1 Guide Channel

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: Font too small on the X1 Guide Channel

@Jellymore wrote:
TerriB, I know you have been asking for this for a long time, and I appreciate that you have stuck with it despite the negativity of some of those here on the forums. It's nice to see that this has finally been addressed, albeit unsatisfactorily. I agree with your concerns about the info popup and I hope that you will be heard on that as well. I appreciate you being an advocate for those of us who don't have 60" HDTVs or the best vision. Thanks!

I have had more than my share of negative comments from forum members about my tenacity as a squeaky wheel and 'beating a dead horse' over some issues so its WONDERFUL of you to show appreciation and I really thank you. I have always thought it would be NICE to be able to read whats on TV on the guide...what a concept.....lol. If they had just applied the font options on the program info ....<SIGH>! As for tv size...if we had a 60" we would be overwhelmed in our family room. I don't live in a small house but there is no place that a 60" would work . I can't even imagine.

Regular Contributor

Re: Reading the program guide

@ComcastSarah wrote:

Guide Readability is going to be available for everyone this weekend - likely Saturday. To check it out, go to Settings > Comcast Labs > Guide Readability. 

From here, you will see a preview of each of the options, including the original default view which exists today. Once you have had a chance to try it out, I'd love feedback reported in this channel. 

Thanks Sarah and the accessibility team for adding font changes to the guide. Unfortunately, even a positive addition, just isn't good enough for some. Looking forward to future additions! Kudos to you and the rest of the X1 team!

Most Valued Poster

@Wolverine062 wrote:

@ComcastSarah wrote:

Guide Readability is going to be available for everyone this weekend - likely Saturday. To check it out, go to Settings > Comcast Labs > Guide Readability. 

From here, you will see a preview of each of the options, including the original default view which exists today. Once you have had a chance to try it out, I'd love feedback reported in this channel. 

Thanks Sarah and the accessibility team for adding font changes to the guide. Unfortunately, even a positive addition, just isn't good enough for some. Looking forward to future additions! Kudos to you and the rest of the X1 team!

Wolverine, Not sure whom you are addressing but we who have not been able to read the font are indeed grateful to the team for the new options  but they wanted to hear from us so please don't discredit our feedback as being disgruntled that the new options are not good enough.  For so many of us it was not the font on the guide itself but the pop up info window. What they did was indeed a positive addition but  its a first step as they need to go further and expand the Labs feature and indeed make it good enough.

Your comments remind me of a boss I had once. He asked for my opinion on a project and then said "thats not what I wanted to hear".  I said "then don't ask me".

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

Your comments remind me of a boss I had once. He asked for my opinion on a project and then said "thats not what I wanted to hear".  I said "then don't ask me".

Did he subsequently end your employment?

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@Wolverine062 wrote:

@ComcastSarah wrote:

Wolverine, Not sure whom you are addressing but we who have not been able to read the font are indeed grateful to the team for the new options  but they wanted to hear from us so please don't discredit our feedback as being disgruntled that the new options are not good enough.  For so many of us it was not the font on the guide itself but the pop up info window. What they did was indeed a positive addition but  its a first step as they need to go further and expand the Labs feature and indeed make it good enough.

As the post states, it's addressed to Sarah and the rest of her team. You've stated time and again that you've spent X amount of time asking for the font in the "guide" to change but that's all ( not additional info). Be careful what you ask for you might just get it...

Most Valued Poster

@MrScott1 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Did he subsequently end your employment?

I knew someone was going to ask that.....LOL. Absolutely not! Going off topic for a minute but I need to explain. It was about half way thru my 30 yr career with AT&T as a network engineer. I was a  manager and was what they called a subject matter expert and highly thought of and thought thats why he was asking for my opinion. He was a  real 'old boys network' McGruff and had only been my boss for a little while and was from  at time when women were not accepted in jobs like the one I had. He is the only boss I had in my 30 yrs that I didn't get along with and I worked for men/women/younger and older.  One more tiny story about him: We lived on opposite ends of Northern Virginia and he lived close to work . I lived/still live on a dead end gravel road and one really big snow got I plowed in by the state so badly that I could not get out for 2 days. I even took pictures of the situation because he barked at me so badly. Too bad working at home had not come about yet in those days. I took the photos to show him and he told me I needed to move closer to the office if I couldn't get there in bad weather. OMG! REALLY? I almost walked out. Thankfully he moved on soon after that. Oops, one more story. I turned in one of my co-workers for serious harrassment which involved  physical incidents on the job and when I was ready to go to HR my boss conveniently LOST the very detailed records I had been keeping that I had to turn over to him as part of the process. Nice huh?

Now ...back to Comcast business!

Most Valued Poster

@Wolverine062 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@Wolverine062 wrote:

@ComcastSarah wrote:

As the post states, it's addressed to Sarah and the rest of her team. You've stated time and again that you've spent X amount of time asking for the font in the "guide" to change but that's all ( not additional info). Be careful what you ask for you might just get it...

Wolverine...au contraire.....! I spent much of my X amount of time on the font issue stating that it was NOT really the guide itself that we in my house could not read well ......it was and still is the program info and more specifically the info pop up window. There are many pages of posts on this subject so you could not possibly know all that was said  and those in the process that I was addressing know the truth.

The pop up window is part of the guide in the eye of the user.  When users asked for font options for the guide how were they supposed to know the info window is not not part of the same 'code' or whatever they had to adjust/redo. We found out after the fact.

It is a great benefit to see the guide so much larger....no squinting but the info window is  still awful.

Time to move on!

New Poster

larger guide font available ?

Is there any way to change the font size on the guide ? Causing alot of eye strain to read small font......

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: larger guide font available ?

@kguarnieri wrote:

Is there any way to change the font size on the guide ? Causing alot of eye strain to read small font......

See if this helps:

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-font-size-of-the-on-screen-guide/