Community Forum

Font too small on the X1 Guide Channel

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Too small guide letters and black background on guide.

You are wasting your time. I did all of this research over a year ago. I went to the extreme of measuring guide fonts as displayed on the TV screen with a tape measure to compare the legacy guide vs the X1 guide.

Measuring on comparable 50" TV sets, I found the VERY SMALLEST font size of the legacy guide and the X1 guide was within 1/16th of an inch.

Mycroft I know you are trying to help but your efforts are late and at least one year behind.

Most Valued Poster

Re: Font too small on the X1 Guide Channel

@RickGr4 wrote:

When viewed on an HD TV set, the X1 guide font should not be "fuzzy". It should be nearly as clear and crisp as text is on a computer monitor.

Warren, have you CONFIRMED you are actually using an HDMI connection? Are you turning your TV to channel 3 in order to see your cable TV picture?

Also, where is your TV's sharpness level set to? If a TV's sharpness level is set too high, fuzzy text with jagged edges is one of the most noticeable negative effects. With most of today's TV sets, the halfway point (50%) should be considered maximum. Anything beyond that can create fuzzy text. I usually have the sharpness adjustment on my TVs set to 25% to 40%...

@Warren505 wrote:

To rusty Ben,

Regular led tv , did not know anybody still used projection tv's

panasonic veria 31 or 37 can't remember.

and it stays fuzzy and varying brightness letters close up.

warren

Rick, did you really ask him if his tv was tuned to ch 3 to receive cable......?

I  have a question for you. If the sharpness level was 'off' wouldn't all text be affected and not just X1 guide?

Contributor

@RickGr4 wrote:

You are wasting your time. I did all of this research over a year ago. I went to the extreme of measuring guide fonts as displayed on the TV screen with a tape measure to compare the legacy guide vs the X1 guide.

Measuring on comparable 50" TV sets, I found the VERY SMALLEST font size of the legacy guide and the X1 guide was within 1/16th of an inch.

Mycroft I know you are trying to help but your efforts are late and at least one year behind.

And you, sir, are jumping to conclusions.  I have reasons beyond this forum topic for doing this.  Thank you for your concern, though.

Most Valued Poster

@MycroftXX wrote:

@RickGr4 wrote:

And you, sir, are jumping to conclusions.  I have reasons beyond this forum topic for doing this.  Thank you for your concern, though.

Mycroft...I am not trying to get into a snit between the two of you but I  think you should go ahead with your plans. In my opinion Its never too late and what could it hurt? It would at least draw needed attention to the issue on the local level and who knows...they just might try to help.

Terri

Contributor

Hi

i though I replied but it's not here.

Yes HDMI connection... X1 box to tv.

sharpness is set to 49% 

i tried changing but could not see any difference.

ch 3..... Well is a more modern tv

you have various inputs 

4 hdmi, ant/cable in ( this would be a ch 4 connection), component,video and PC

plus USB ports and memory chips.....

warren

Regular Visitor

Is it possible to enlarge the print onsceen for xfinity1

The menu print is very small on xfinity1 menu.  I don't suppose it's possible to enlarge it?

Expert

Re: Is it possible to enlarge the print onsceen for xfinity1

if you have access to netflix on your TV with a good internet connection, search for title test pattern (2014 HD).use Season 1 episode one. you will see feedback on network speed build up on the top right. when it is over 5000 feed note the colored boxes. they have a vertical stripe of other colors. contrast should be adjusted until you can see the two vertical colored lines in each box. the sharpmenss shoujld be adjusted so you see the lines in the corners radiating out and minimizing any circle in the center of the lines.you may have to adjust brightness up and or put tv in cinema mode to get enough range to make proper adjustments. 

this is a setup test pattern for 1080+. Some DVDs have a test pattern at least on very old titles. 

you may have to adjust bright/contrast/color-level/sharpness repeatedly to find the sweet spot. 

seems to me like comcast would add an on-demand test pattern too. seems a no-brainer.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I too would like to go on record as being in favor of larger font for the guide..

Expert
Moved:

Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

if you have access to netflix on your TV with a good internet connection, search for title test pattern (2014 HD).use Season 1 episode one. you will see feedback on network speed build up on the top right. when it is over 5000 feed note the colored boxes. they have a vertical stripe of other colors. contrast should be adjusted until you can see the two vertical colored lines in each box. the sharpmenss shoujld be adjusted so you see the lines in the corners radiating out and minimizing any circle in the center of the lines.you may have to adjust brightness up and or put tv in cinema mode to get enough range to make proper adjustments. 

this is a setup test pattern for 1080+. Some DVDs have a test pattern at least on very old titles. 

you may have to adjust bright/contrast/color-level/sharpness repeatedly to find the sweet spot. 

seems to me like comcast would add an on-demand test pattern too. seems a no-brainer.

Rustyben...We have shared workarounds and hints for the font/contrast issue and this is the second time someone has talked about Netflix. Am I the only one who does not pay for another service other than X1 in order to have a good experience? I pay $200 for X1 and that is enough out of pocket to watch tv and I should be able to read the darn text. I have said before that I can read all text on tv except X1 guide/program info so its very frustrating.

Contributor

BY THE WAY I checked out the Fios forums and could not find any posts about people unable to read the FIOS guide, other issues but non related to font size , or ability to read......I'm just saying

warren

( so it can be done right!)

Most Valued Poster

@Warren505 wrote:

BY THE WAY I checked out the Fios forums and could not find any posts about people unable to read the FIOS guide, other issues but non related to font size , or ability to read......I'm just saying

warren

( so it can be done right!)

======

Well....I googled 'can't read the text on my cable tv guide' and found that Time Warner had this isssue in 2013 but no recent posts. If you google like I did you will see the link for more detail on their forum. They had an option to change back to a former guide format which Comcast did too but took that option away too. These days seems its only a large number X1 users and just imagine how many there are  with the font issue that don't even use these forums.  I have been tempted to go to FIOS but their bait and switch prices make me nervous. WHen they finished FIOS where I live and kept knocking on my door I contacted Comcast and let them 'fight' for my business and Comcast won the price war hands down BUT what good is it if I can't read the content they provide.

Also found older posts about font issue with TIVO that were posted in their help community. Seems both TWC and TIVO must have solved the problem for their customers because the complaints stopped.

Contributor

TerriB

i was checking out Fios as I had that until a year ago. They upgraded the guide and got rather jazzy with colors etc.( I thought that was annoying!)

i switch to Comcast as we had been with them for 20 years until 5 years ago when I got ticked off with them for not offering existing customers the option to upgrade to the latest box , pre X1, and better deals on the pricing with out me having to go to them and ask for it. Somehow I thought my money I had been sending them was worth something! Dumb!

I Felt the same way about Fios a year ago, I was being left behind with old technology , and Comcast was offering 5 at a time recording which was a problem we were running into.

I mistakenly thought the latest and greatest X1 box would be better.... But I've since discovered all the low tech limitations of Comcast X1 box.like

no slow mo, 

no auto recording of the last show so if you channel surf so you can jump back ,

no channel number on the box

cant find much rime or reason for the channel numbers.....

and on and on.....

I'm at the stage now that getting a $300 Visa card for switching will pay the early cancel fee with Comcast if I switch. The House is already set up  for Fios, they took out the copper wires so I might just switch and get away from Comcast.  Satalite is an option arround here but I want a wire for the Internet.

Might even change and if I don't like it do the switch back within 30 days option before I get rid of Comcast.

warren

Ps my wife will really like reading the guide again too!

New Poster

Guide readability

The guide page is so dim I cannot read it.

New Poster

New HD Box

I really dislike the new HD cable box. I have a large flat screen and it's pretty much impossible to read the information back the show I want to watch. The black screen and really small Tanisha color print is horrible. Can I get the older model HD cz be box

Silver Problem Solver

Re: New HD Box

The best way to find is to take your box to the nearest Comcast store and ask for an exchange.  DVR and companion exchanges are free.

I only took the box, without the cables, power cord, and remote.  The new boxes come with all that.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Anyone who repeatedly says the settings are perfect for them and that everyone should adapt or get over it, is a rude, narcissistic individual who really is of no help, so why would you even bother come to comment on this thread, except to show your superiority and make others feels less than you? Who cares if it's good for you--goodie goodie gumdrops. It's obviously not good for other people, which is why so many people are commenting as such in here.

That aside...no one is asking for the system to change to JUST suit their needs, but rather, that the system be renovated so that choices can be made, to suit the various needs of individuals, with a variety of circumstances. So if a person has poor eyesight, a room that's too bright, a TV that's too small, an older TV...they can ADJUST the settings to make THEIR viewing situation more pleasurable. This is a very easy fix and one that is so easy, it's shocking Comcast has not bothered to make.

For goodness' sake, make the font adjustable, make it so that the color can be changed, and make it so that the boldness can be increased/decreased. You can then close this thread and stop making excuses for poor cable box features and software programming.
Most Valued Poster

@Warren505 wrote:

TerriB

i was checking out Fios as I had that until a year ago. They upgraded the guide and got rather jazzy with colors etc.( I thought that was annoying!)

i switch to Comcast as we had been with them for 20 years until 5 years ago when I got ticked off with them for not offering existing customers the option to upgrade to the latest box , pre X1, and better deals on the pricing with out me having to go to them and ask for it. Somehow I thought my money I had been sending them was worth something! Dumb!

I Felt the same way about Fios a year ago, I was being left behind with old technology , and Comcast was offering 5 at a time recording which was a problem we were running into.

I mistakenly thought the latest and greatest X1 box would be better.... But I've since discovered all the low tech limitations of Comcast X1 box.like

no slow mo, 

no auto recording of the last show so if you channel surf so you can jump back ,

no channel number on the box

cant find much rime or reason for the channel numbers.....

and on and on.....

I'm at the stage now that getting a $300 Visa card for switching will pay the early cancel fee with Comcast if I switch. The House is already set up  for Fios, they took out the copper wires so I might just switch and get away from Comcast.  Satalite is an option arround here but I want a wire for the Internet.

Might even change and if I don't like it do the switch back within 30 days option before I get rid of Comcast.

warren

Ps my wife will really like reading the guide again too!

==

Warren, thanks for sharing that story. What a shame that people have to go thru what you are going thru to have a good experience. Its just ridiculous. I have been with Comcast for over 20 yrs also and as I shared before they won the 'bidding' war when FIOS became available here.  Even with the higher cost of FIOS I have thought about switching but don't relish the work they would have to do to 'convert' our 41 yr old house to accomodate them. I would never get a dish....too many horror stories from friends over the actual cost of the channels  you choose and weather issues,etc.

The #1 reason we got X1 was for the 5 recordings as we are heavy DVR users and its been great. The loss of the recording buffer is the number one thing that sticks in my craw. It was so useful and every time I have a need for it (which is often) I just get so angry and I am not alone as so many have voiced their opinion over this . There are so many times I am watching something and want to record it for my husband  and can't.

Comcast is going in the wrong direction being customer focused.

Most Valued Poster

@orlisgal wrote:
Anyone who repeatedly says the settings are perfect for them and that everyone should adapt or get over it, is a rude, narcissistic individual who really is of no help, so why would you even bother come to comment on this thread, except to show your superiority and make others feels less than you? Who cares if it's good for you--goodie goodie gumdrops. It's obviously not good for other people, which is why so many people are commenting as such in here.

That aside...no one is asking for the system to change to JUST suit their needs, but rather, that the system be renovated so that choices can be made, to suit the various needs of individuals, with a variety of circumstances. So if a person has poor eyesight, a room that's too bright, a TV that's too small, an older TV...they can ADJUST the settings to make THEIR viewing situation more pleasurable. This is a very easy fix and one that is so easy, it's shocking Comcast has not bothered to make.

For goodness' sake, make the font adjustable, make it so that the color can be changed, and make it so that the boldness can be increased/decreased. You can then close this thread and stop making excuses for poor cable box features and software programming.
====
What a great summation from  you as new poster.  Those who are happy should stay out of the conversation completely but it appears that Comcast is listening more to them than to those of us who are miserable.  The don't even care if customers switch to other carriers so they read the darn guide. Comcast has shown zero interest in accomodating anyone who has a problem reading the guide/program info regardless of the reason. They do have quite  extensive  font and contrast options for the hearing impaired.  Visual need are also  an accessibiltiy issue but they don't care. The font options existed unti 2014 and they removed them without one word about why.

Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

The best way to find is to take your box to the nearest Comcast store and ask for an exchange.  DVR and companion exchanges are free.

I only took the box, without the cables, power cord, and remote.  The new boxes come with all that.

I  exchanged my box long ago and the font problem is NOT the fault of the box...jeez

Problem Solver

Hello jlsmack2625,

I apologize for the delayed response. You can go down to the local office  to inquire about the version of the HD receiver that you are requesting. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

I was one of the early contributors to this discussion with 3 TV's and all fuzzy text on the guide. One TV is still a flat picture tube 20" in our exercise room, one is a Toshiba LED 32" and the third is our main TV in the game room a Toshibe 42" Rear Projection. It's difficult to read the guide of any of them, but they each have varying degrees of fuzzyness.

We finally broke down yesterday and purchased a new LG 55" LED UHD 4K Model 55UF6450 to replace the rear projection.  I was fully expecting the guide to be fuzzy, but it is crystal clear with no jaggedness to the letters or numbers.

I don't expect anyone to rush out to buy a new TV, but I was not expecting the results that we got.  For the past 3 years, I have used my iPAD Comcast App more than the guide on the TV.  I did not change any of the factory settings as yet for picture quality, brightness, etc. Our Comcast X1 DVR is now around 2 1/2 years old.

Silver Problem Solver

@walt_pittsburgh wrote:

I was one of the early contributors to this discussion with 3 TV's and all fuzzy text on the guide. One TV is still a flat picture tube 20" in our exercise room, one is a Toshiba LED 32" and the third is our main TV in the game room a Toshibe 42" Rear Projection. It's difficult to read the guide of any of them, but they each have varying degrees of fuzzyness.

We finally broke down yesterday and purchased a new LG 55" LED UHD 4K Model 55UF6450 to replace the rear projection.  I was fully expecting the guide to be fuzzy, but it is crystal clear with no jaggedness to the letters or numbers.

I don't expect anyone to rush out to buy a new TV, but I was not expecting the results that we got.  For the past 3 years, I have used my iPAD Comcast App more than the guide on the TV.  I did not change any of the factory settings as yet for picture quality, brightness, etc. Our Comcast X1 DVR is now around 2 1/2 years old.

We have always believed that the TV is the issue with the Guide, even though some contributors to this thread have said they have a very similar TV as others who do not have the issue.  

I have two 32" LED TV's, one 42" LED TV, and one 60" LED TV.  None of them have unreadable Guides.  They all look the same.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

@walt_pittsburgh wrote:

We have always believed that the TV is the issue with the Guide, even though some contributors to this thread have said they have a very similar TV as others who do not have the issue.  

I have two 32" LED TV's, one 42" LED TV, and one 60" LED TV.  None of them have unreadable Guides.  They all look the same.

===

Robert, who is the 'we' you speak of who believe its a TV issue. I think that a large number of newer large TVs would beg to differ.  Those who don't have the problem need to back off.

Regular Contributor

Ran across this thread looking for info on how to bump up the font size on the guide. Got quite an eyeful on this issue, so to speak. I'd like to go on record as wanting font control over the guide as well. I have 3 flat screens, 72", 40", and 34". The guide is not comfortably legible to me on any of them from my normal viewing distance. Did not have this issue with DirecTV's guide, it's been a minor disappointment since switching.

New Poster

Re: on screen guide too fuzzy to view, good picture when watching program

The new guide has an awful font. Awfully small. We have hdtv's and we have to stand close to the screen to read the new black guide. Let us go back to the old blue guide.
Silver Problem Solver

You can't go back unless you replace X1 with Legacy boxes or the HD DTA box which isn't a DVR.

Go to your Comcast store and try to find something that will work with your TV.  I have an HD DTA in addition to my X1 box and the guide is fine.

Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

You can't go back unless you replace X1 with Legacy boxes or the HD DTA box which isn't a DVR.

Go to your Comcast store and try to find something that will work with your TV.  I have an HD DTA in addition to my X1 box and the guide is fine.

Robert, would you please explain to me how an HD DTA works with or without Comcast X1? We have a DTA that we got when the analog channels went away. We use it on a small tv in bedroom that does not have cable hooked up but it only gets some basic channels and a lot of non USA channels but no cable channels. I don't 'get it' and didn't want to ask as it really makes me stupid but gotta know. Sounds like I can get cable channels on a tv that is NOT hooked up to cable..huh?

Most Valued Poster

@MrScott1 wrote:

Ran across this thread looking for info on how to bump up the font size on the guide. Got quite an eyeful on this issue, so to speak. I'd like to go on record as wanting font control over the guide as well. I have 3 flat screens, 72", 40", and 34". The guide is not comfortably legible to me on any of them from my normal viewing distance. Did not have this issue with DirecTV's guide, it's been a minor disappointment since switching.

I bet someone who does NOT have the problem comes back at you and tells you that your TVs are not compatible with X1 guide. Some have indicated that we have to have specific make/model to make it work and that is just ludicrous.

Silver Problem Solver

@TerriB wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

Robert, would you please explain to me how an HD DTA works with or without Comcast X1? We have a DTA that we got when the analog channels went away. We use it on a small tv in bedroom that does not have cable hooked up but it only gets some basic channels and a lot of non USA channels but no cable channels. I don't 'get it' and didn't want to ask as it really makes me stupid but gotta know. Sounds like I can get cable channels on a tv that is NOT hooked up to cable..huh?

It is possible to have HD DTA's without any X1 boxes, if that is your question.  Each Comcast area has a set of channels that are available on the lower tier(s).  If you have a DTA, you know which channels are available in your area for a DTA.  No On Demand, etc.

Most Valued Poster

Robert...by lower tier can you be more specific? On our DTA we get the major networks and some cartoon channels and some really weird channels but they are not cable channels. AND the signals are so bad the channels go in and out all the time.

My opinion of the need/use of DTA is mostly for those who cannot get cable and don't want to pay for a dish and just want to see basic TV. We are too cheap to buy another box for the tv in the bedroom since its only watched to fall asleep to OR when hubby just HAS to watch golf.

Regular Contributor

I think maybe the use of the word "fuzzy" might throw things off. I take that to mean the font is too small for anyone under 40 to see easily without grabbing glasses or moving closer   I had the old style guide briefly before an update was pushed to my box. With the 4 lines per page guide, the font was suitably large for me. Now the 5 lines per page, the font gets a tad small for me to easly resolve with my 50 yr old eyes.

Most Valued Poster

@MrScott1 wrote:

I think maybe the use of the word "fuzzy" might throw things off. I take that to mean the font is too small for anyone under 40 to see easily without grabbing glasses or moving closer   I had the old style guide briefly before an update was pushed to my box. With the 4 lines per page guide, the font was suitably large for me. Now the 5 lines per page, the font gets a tad small for me to easly resolve with my 50 yr old eyes.

Nothing wrong with using 'fuzzy'. I call it blurry. The white on black makes it both fuzzy and blurry and its not my eyesight. Everyone who sees it in my house says the same thing.

Silver Problem Solver

@TerriB wrote:

Robert...by lower tier can you be more specific? On our DTA we get the major networks and some cartoon channels and some really weird channels but they are not cable channels. AND the signals are so bad the channels go in and out all the time.

My opinion of the need/use of DTA is mostly for those who cannot get cable and don't want to pay for a dish and just want to see basic TV. We are too cheap to buy another box for the tv in the bedroom since its only watched to fall asleep to OR when hubby just HAS to watch golf.

Golly.  My HD DTA works great for me.  It has the new DTA Guide.  But it has an HDTV connected to it.

Each market and each tier has their own offerings of channels.  I get the local HD channels in addtion to some other HD channels like ESPN.

http://www.xfinity.com/digitalguidehd

Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Golly.  My HD DTA works great for me.  It has the new DTA Guide.  But it has an HDTV connected to it.

Each market and each tier has their own offerings of channels.  I get the local HD channels in addtion to some other HD channels like ESPN.

http://www.xfinity.com/digitalguidehd

Thanks Robert, I think I am being dense but  I really don't see why anyone who has Comcast cable  service would want a HD DTA to view limited channels rather than a set top box if the TV is used regularly except that its cheaper than a box for other than the main TV. In my case the bedroom the TV is not viewed that much so we decided not to spend on a box. If all a person wants is limited channels then why have Comcast service to begin with....just get  DTAs and be done with it. Have I lost whats left of my sanity to question this?

Silver Problem Solver

For me, the difference is in what an HD DTA costs ($3.99/mo) versus a Companion ($9.95/mo).

I use my HD DTA in the kitchen and watch the news at breakfast.  If I want to watch my recorded programs, I use my 60" TV in the Den.

Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

For me, the difference is in what an HD DTA costs ($3.99/mo) versus a Companion ($9.95/mo).

I use my HD DTA in the kitchen and watch the news at breakfast.  If I want to watch my recorded programs, I use my 60" TV in the Den.

That makes sense!

Regular Visitor

Guide

Is there a way to change/ Enlarge letters on guide when reading about a program?

New Poster

As so many here have stated, we've got a 60" tv and can't read YOUR guide with the new X1 boxes. This topic has been beaten to death and apparantly Xfinity could care less about all these unsatisified customers. Why am I not surprised. Why is it so difficult for Xfinity to understand this issue and correct it? Why is it so difficult for Xfinity to actually care what's being said by it's CUSTOMERS? They sure don't have a problem collecting their $214 per month do they? There ARE other options out there, just not for the Xfinity supplier. Smiley Happy

Regular Visitor

Re: Just switched to X1 can't read the menu, terrible!!!

IN case you haven't been reading all the posts...his issue and the terrible screen shot is, in fact, VERY SIMILAR to a lot of other people, otherwise we wouldn't all be on here.

My two TV's are new - bought them within this past year. And not everyone has the option of running out and buying 55" TV's to "fix" Comcast's problem.

If regular comcast cable boxes work, if Roku works, if Xboxes work...all on these same TV's, then it stands to reason that it's not the TV's fault or the user's fault for this issue. 

Comcast could quiet everyone by saying, "This is a known issue; we realize it's bad; we are working on a solution...and should have it fixed by...whenever." Then point everyone to that thread, and hopefully Comcast will have it fixed by then.

Have a nice day.

But to continue to intimate to each new person who comments that they are the only ones with this issue is absurd and not helpful. 

Most Valued Poster

@orlisgal wrote:

IN case you haven't been reading all the posts...his issue and the terrible screen shot is, in fact, VERY SIMILAR to a lot of other people, otherwise we wouldn't all be on here.

My two TV's are new - bought them within this past year. And not everyone has the option of running out and buying 55" TV's to "fix" Comcast's problem.

If regular comcast cable boxes work, if Roku works, if Xboxes work...all on these same TV's, then it stands to reason that it's not the TV's fault or the user's fault for this issue. 

Comcast could quiet everyone by saying, "This is a known issue; we realize it's bad; we are working on a solution...and should have it fixed by...whenever." Then point everyone to that thread, and hopefully Comcast will have it fixed by then.

Have a nice day.

But to continue to intimate to each new person who comments that they are the only ones with this issue is absurd and not helpful. 

PREACH and you took a page from my book. I just hope you don't get the standard pushback from the happy campers who think we are wasting our time and that there aren't that many of us with the problem. They tell us we need a new compatible (whatever that really means) HD TV every 5 minutes, we should sit with our noses on the screen, go back to legacy box,  go to the eye doctor and we should shut up because Comcast is not at fault and doesn't care. Your suggestion about what Comcast should say is spot on. Unfortunately they won't even comment that we have the problem.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Guide

Nope.  There are a bunch of threads with hundreds of people complaining about this going back for over a year.

Edit:  Don't know why my reply to an OP of another thread got moved here.  Ignore.

New Poster

@TerriB wrote:

@orlisgal wrote:

Have a nice day.

PREACH and you took a page from my book. I just hope you don't get the standard pushback from the happy campers who think we are wasting our time and that there aren't that many of us with the problem. They tell us we need a new compatible (whatever that really means) HD TV every 5 minutes, we should sit with our noses on the screen, go back to legacy box,  go to the eye doctor and we should shut up because Comcast is not at fault and doesn't care. Your suggestion about what Comcast should say is spot on. Unfortunately they won't even comment that we have the problem.

Plus they've labeled the issue "Solved."

Most Valued Poster

dzthornton,

Don't you just love it when they mark these very much unsolved issues as SOLVED? Seems it happens a lot on the issues with the most  input/complaints and the least interaction with Comcast reps. Hmmm? If its their way to 'not see us' and/or shut us up its not working.

Have you clicked on the 'solution' at the top of the thread? It was apparently marked solved in 2014 by ComcastAndrew after he told you how to go back to the old guide for better reading ability and then when you  replied you didn't have the preference option that he pointed you to he responded that the option was not longer there and the font could not be changed and he must have considered that the SOLUTION. Really Andrew?

Regular Contributor

It was not marked SOLVED by Andrew.  The OP chose Andrew's response as the solution.  If anything, you should be mad at the OP.  And this is off topic anyway.

New Poster

Guide

The font on the X1 Guide is way too small. It's very difficult to read. Also, why do you use the "picture" of the channel and not the name of the channel, i.e. ESPN or TMC. The "picture" is also too small and hard to read. I haven't memorized the channels so I don't know which channels I'm choosing until I select it.

Is there any way to change the guide so it's more readible?

Expert

Re: Guide

@phefter wrote:

The font on the X1 Guide is way too small. It's very difficult to read. Also, why do you use the "picture" of the channel and not the name of the channel, i.e. ESPN or TMC. The "picture" is also too small and hard to read. I haven't memorized the channels so I don't know which channels I'm choosing until I select it.

Is there any way to change the guide so it's more readible?

no, sorry

please read starting from page one of this thread.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

@CoreyD wrote:

It was not marked SOLVED by Andrew.  The OP chose Andrew's response as the solution.  If anything, you should be mad at the OP.  And this is off topic anyway.

==============

WHOA there Corey..... It looked to me like it was Andrew who marked it solved. Andrew has been helpful on many subjects and I was not being mean spirited toward him. I  don't pretend to completely understand how the Solved process really works but whomever marks them Solved needs to be more intuitive that just because someone tells us there is 'no way to do XXX' .....that is not a solution.

Off topic? If I asked for help changing the oil in my car...thats off topic. The issue of any topic being marked solved is never off topic and by the way I am not the first to discuss and question the 'solved' issue so I keep asking myself why you  single me out  and  attack and this is not the first or second time.

Regular Visitor

In X1 how do to change the font size

Expert

Re: In X1 how do to change the font size

@dh21 wrote:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Font-too-small-on-the-X1-Guide-Channel/td-p/2043527

above link is to the thread in the forum for this discussion. In short you can't adjust it .