Community Forum

Font color

New Poster

Font color

I just started using X1.  My wife has vision issues and the default white in black font in the Guide is hard for her to read.  Is it possible to change the color of the font and background?

Expert

Re: Font color

@debladel wrote:

I just started using X1.  My wife has vision issues and the default white in black font in the Guide is hard for her to read.  Is it possible to change the color of the font and background?

are you speaking of the guide/menu system? if so they are 'set' but have some adjustments in the menu system (i use settings / preferences / general / enhanced text readability and turn that on. also i have background darkness level of 3 set (same menu) to reduce the contrast.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I was referring to the menu/guide.  I used the enhanced feature to change the font size and adjust the background.  It really doesn't help with my wife's vision issue.  She simply has trouble reading the white letters on a black background.  I was hoping there was some way to change the font color or the background color.

Official Employee

Hello debladel, thank you for creating a post. This is a great question and the information that (Rustyben) provided is the correct way to enlarge the font but unfortunately there is no way to change the fonts color on the equipment. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi there, debladel. 

I wanted to reach out before closing your post. 

Did you have any other questions? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

No other questions.  Thanks.