Community Forum

Flashing Light on cable Box

New Poster

Flashing Light on cable Box

Why does only one cable box flash at 3 am in my bedroom waking me up at least two times a week and can I change this if this is a service download to a different cable box in another room, it is annoying to be woken by a flashing bright light and this is the only one that does that.

Expert

Re: Flashing Light on cable Box

Gamms wrote:

Why does only one cable box flash at 3 am in my bedroom waking me up at least two times a week and can I change this if this is a service download to a different cable box in another room, it is annoying to be woken by a flashing bright light and this is the only one that does that.

Do you have the X1 system?

-=Ray=-

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

This happens to me too. Yes xfinity. Main box in living room, smaller box in bedroom. Wakes me up at 3am.
Expert

Kerin01 wrote:
This happens to me too. Yes xfinity. Main box in living room, smaller box in bedroom. Wakes me up at 3am.

All X1 devices reboot nightly, between 0200 and 0400 normally.  This done for the device to look for and install updates to STB & XRE revisions on the devices.

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

Same problem. I am either going to unplug before going to bed or return box. Ridiculous! 

Silver Problem Solver

Kylady93 wrote:

Same problem. I am either going to unplug before going to bed or return box. Ridiculous! 

Hmm.  I've had X1 for four TV's for the last 2 1/2 years and it doesn't really bother me.

Problem Solver

If the light is bothering you I would suggest you put a small piece of of tape over the light. That should dim it enough.Smiley Happy

New Poster

I don't have my bedroom tv in a cabinet which might make the difference. 

Silver Problem Solver

If you have any box other than an rng150 then just rf pair your remote and hide the box

New Poster

Your X1 or X2 light brightness is adjustable in your Xfinity cable box Menu. Using your remote, press the Menu button and select: Settings > Device Settings > Device Lights.
Expert

closed 3 year old thread