Community Forum

Finding a remote that works

Frequent Visitor

Finding a remote that works

I was supplied an X2 remote with my Xfinity set-top box. This remote was unable to configure to control either my TV or my soundbar. After some research, I purchased an Xfinity XR11 remote on Amazon for less than $8, and it was able to configure both. I can now turn the TV on/off and control the inputs, and turn the soundbar on/off and control the volume. Easiest solution to a problem I can remember. Don't settle for the X2 remote.

Expert

Re: Finding a remote that works

@rico567 wrote:

I was supplied an X2 remote with my Xfinity set-top box. This remote was unable to configure to control either my TV or my soundbar. After some research, I purchased an Xfinity XR11 remote on Amazon for less than $8, and it was able to configure both. I can now turn the TV on/off and control the inputs, and turn the soundbar on/off and control the volume. Easiest solution to a problem I can remember. Don't settle for the X2 remote.

Comcast would have giving you the remote for free. You could have just asked for one at a service center.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!