Community Forum

Favorites Randomly Disappearing

New Poster

Favorites Randomly Disappearing

For the last week random channels on my Favoites were no longer marked as Favorites. I’ve added them back and eventually other ones do the same thing. It’s very frustrating. I didn’t find anything recent on this but would appreciate an idea of what is going on.

Expert

Re: Favorites Randomly Disappearing

It's possible that your cable-box had a major update. A few channel names may have changed, or moved to a different frequency.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Possibly if this only happened once but I put channels back and others disappeared later a few times on different days.

Silver Problem Solver

Generally, changing frequency, channel number, or even name should not affect it. Unless X1 is very different, favorites generally use an internal ID code that is independent of the above.

I don't have X1, but when I moved to a new location with the same box, several channels changed numbers and frequency, but the favorites list was not affected.

Official Employee

Hi, SunChip013! Welcome to our community! I can check your cable box and see if there are any issues that caused the disappearance of your favorites. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!