Community Forum

Fast Forward and Rewind Won't Stop

Frequent Visitor

Fast Forward and Rewind Won't Stop

Having an issue now with my fast forward and rewind. I have the X1 box. Whenever I fast forward and get to the point I want to continue regular play I press the Play button, but it doesn't stop. Rewind will work, but then I Play still does NOT work. The green light on the box lights up every time I press any button on the remote, so I know it's communicating. The only "solution" I've found is pressing Exit then Resume program.

Been happening for two days now. Manutally rebooting system has not worked, nor the overnight auto reboot.

Expert

Re: Fast Forward and Rewind Won't Stop

@559user wrote:

Having an issue now with my fast forward and rewind. I have the X1 box. Whenever I fast forward and get to the point I want to continue regular play I press the Play button, but it doesn't stop. Rewind will work, but then I Play still does NOT work. The green light on the box lights up every time I press any button on the remote, so I know it's communicating. The only "solution" I've found is pressing Exit then Resume program.

Been happening for two days now. Manutally rebooting system has not worked, nor the overnight auto reboot.

do you have another xfinity remote to try? they are free at your xfinity store.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Fast Forward and Rewind Won't Stop

Hi @559user

Sorry for the experience you're having. I've replied to your private message. Chat with you soon. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!