Community Forum

Fast Forward Skips 20 Seconds Ahead

Contributor

Fast Forward Skips 20 Seconds Ahead

I've noticed lately on most recorded shows when I use the fast forward feature at level three, the video skips at 20 second intervals instead of just fast forwarding through the recorded programming.  Is this is a software glitch?  It is very annoying because, although I want to fast forward through the commercials, I still like to see them for upcoming shows I may want to record.  Also, when the commercials finish, I am about 15 to 20 seconds back into my show and so I have to go back 15 to 20 seconds.

Expert

Re: Fast Forward Skips 20 Seconds Ahead

wrote:

I've noticed lately on most recorded shows when I use the fast forward feature at level three, the video skips at 20 second intervals instead of just fast forwarding through the recorded programming.  Is this is a software glitch?  It is very annoying because, although I want to fast forward through the commercials, I still like to see them for upcoming shows I may want to record.  Also, when the commercials finish, I am about 15 to 20 seconds back into my show and so I have to go back 15 to 20 seconds.

next time that happens and you are watching the recording press the OK button one time. in upper left corner will be DVR or 'cloud icon' DVR. the cloud DVR skips differently than a recording that is being watched from a DVR in your home.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

It says "DVR" and it is definitely a DVR recording as opposed to a cloud dvr recording.  And I paid closer attention and it is skipping exactly 30 seconds forward.

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

Thank you very much!
Official Employee

Hey TDKttess,

Can you try the following steps and let me know if this resolves this for you? 

• From Live TV, press Exit 3 times, then press 0500.

After trying this, please pull up one of your recordings and see if you are able to fast forward without it skipping. 

Contributor

That did not work. Pressing 0500 after pressing the exit button three times just asks me if I want to go to that channel. And I pulled up a recording afterwards and it still skips
Official Employee

If you used 0500, my apologies, I provided the incorrect code. Can you press Exit three times then enter 0-0-5-0 and let me know if you have any changes, please? 

Contributor

Am I supposed to put a dash in between the digits? If so, I don’t know how to do that. If not, it just takes me to another channel.
Official Employee

Ok thanks for confirming. No, no spaces, only the numbers. I tried on one of the TV's here in the office and was able to disable the 30-second fast forward feature. I'd like to do a little more research on this for you. Do you mind if I reach out in the next 24-48 hours once I get more information? I will reach out here, on this public thread and we can continue to troubleshoot if that's ok? 

Contributor

No I don’t mind and I would appreciate it. Thank you very much.
Official Employee

You're very welcome. I'll be reaching out soon. 

Official Employee

Hi @TDKttess,

I just wanted to touch basis with you to let you know I am still trying to confirm this for you and that I haven't forgotten about you. 

Contributor

Thank you very much!